Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2017 7:51:14 PM EDT
Coming up in November to hunt waterfowl, in reviewing the ND Waterfowl Hunting Guide it stated that when in any motor driven vehicle your not allowed to have a loaded handgun.

If I understand the regulations transit to and from hunting area or while operating or riding in or on a motor driven vehicle while in an area your going to hunt that your not allowed to carry a loaded handgun.  It appears that if your headed in your vehicle to where your going to hunt you cant even carry loaded handgun.

Any of you have any experience with this regulation and how it is enforced? I understand no loaded shotgun or rifle while driving in a truck or in a boat (safety issue) but don't understand the reasoning for the state to mandate that you disarm when your headed hunting on a vehicle or boat.

I understand it is the law and I will certainly follow the rules while I am in your state however it is quite different than what I am used too!

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Somehow the Game and Fish regulations supersede state law. No loaded firearms in the vehicle while hunting or trapping. 

They specifically went over this in both of the CCW classes I have taken. Fortunately they changed the definition of "loaded" from loaded magazine to loaded chamber. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir, appreciate the clarification.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top