Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2015 10:34:43 PM EDT
Anybody hitting up the air museum this weekend?

If so, what're you looking for? I figure I'll go to kill time, and make fun of prices.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be going Sunday just to check it out, but not looking for anything in particular.
Anyone know why it was moved from the civic?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a clue.

Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I will go to look at all the overpriced ammo and guns that the vendors box up, bring to the show, unpack, not sell, pack up and bring home to repeat year after year. You think they will be trying to sell mosin's for 350 this year?
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will go to look at all the overpriced ammo and guns that the vendors box up, bring to the show, unpack, not sell, pack up and bring home to repeat year after year. You think they will be trying to sell mosin's for 350 this year?
View Quote

Most every gun show has people selling stuff at outrageous prices.  This one is no exception, but there are still good prices.  I got a Mosin for 80$ and a SMLE for 150$ a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Most vendors are not there to sell, it's just to socialize and bitch about all the buyers who make reasonable low ball offers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2016 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
well, here is my gunshow report, and general ranting. this one was better than the last few years price wise on what the guys actually wanted to sell, like the previous poster stated that the guys that just want to throw guns on the table and BS with people about them with no intention of selling were plenty, but there was some stuff that was actually priced to sell. the new site was very cramped. only saw two vendors sleeping behind their table. my biggest complaint was the rudeness of the people attending. the isles were only 8' wide so why were they constantly clogging up the middle of the isle for conversations and stopping for no reason clogging the whole thing up. Also, the smell. my lord some of these people don't shower for weeks before going to the show and with everyone packed in there nut to butt the smell coming off some of these guys was revolting. im not over sensitive to this, but it was bad. I was buying a rifle from a guy and someone else just interrupts our conversation about the rifle I am buying and starts asking him questions on another one that was for sale like we were doing nothing at all. wait your turn old man. some of the old timers were also having fun blocking the roads infront of the building with their huge trucks for no reason causing big back ups while they sip their coffee and look at the building. Also people walking three wide down the middle of the street blocking off an entire lane while they walked. Almost saw two accidents. I don't know why so many old timers think that this kind of behavior is OK. I see them at the rifle ranges at Horace and Casselton acting the same way and being very unsafe. I guess they figure they have lived 60 years and have the right to look down their scopes while people are checking targets or keep shooting after everyone else on the line is waiting for them to stop to check targets and pretend that they aren't holding up the whole line taking 10 minutes between shots and never looking around at their surroundings or caring. im not that young, 35, but I feel more safe at the range with 17 year olds shooting than the 50+ guys out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top