User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 11:57:11 AM EDT
bills gun shop & range

New range and gun shop.

eta: hot link
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally a good gun shop...I hope. Will have to stop by the TC stores and check 'em out
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Sweet. I have shot at one in Minneapolis. Too bad it's across the state for me.

Their location I have been to was a pretty good shop and range. I'll need to stop by next time I'm in Fargo.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The prices on guns at BGS are not all that good.  But as ranges in the metro have sprung up like no tomorrow.
Osseo  Ramsey Rogers , two relatively new ones in St. Cloud, Gander in Lakeville.  On top of the 3 BGS, Burnsville, North Branch and Forest Lake.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the rental feature. Does anyone know if they have a layaway feature. The Outdoorsman still has it, but their prices. Scheels needs some competition and I dont even want to talk about Gander mtn's prices.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:24:15 AM EDT
[#5]
That's terrible news. Bill's prices on guns and transfers are high and the cost of memberships and range time are ludicrous.  If you think Scheels is high priced, just wait.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LoL...  This.

For twin cities pricing, the range price isn't too bad...  The prices they're likely going to charge in Fargo (probably the same prices) are going to be pretty damn high.

They have decent shops in the twin cities, but their prices are pretty high.  Typically you can order direct from distributors and have it shipped to a more local FFL as I have found there are still "Kitchen Table FFL's" scattered all over the state.  Heck, my local FFL charges $20 for transfers, and when he found out I work for the same "day-job" employer, he cut that cost in half!

So, for distributors' direct pricing, plus $20 to $30 shipping, plus $10 transfer...  That's $30 to $40 bucks, sure, but it's still about $70 to $120 less than what Bills charges in mark-up on some items.

I don't mind shooting in the winter in ND.  I do it regularly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's terrible news. Bill's prices on guns and transfers are high and the cost of memberships and range time are ludicrous.  If you think Scheels is high priced, just wait.

LoL...  This.

For twin cities pricing, the range price isn't too bad...  The prices they're likely going to charge in Fargo (probably the same prices) are going to be pretty damn high.

They have decent shops in the twin cities, but their prices are pretty high.  Typically you can order direct from distributors and have it shipped to a more local FFL as I have found there are still "Kitchen Table FFL's" scattered all over the state.  Heck, my local FFL charges $20 for transfers, and when he found out I work for the same "day-job" employer, he cut that cost in half!

So, for distributors' direct pricing, plus $20 to $30 shipping, plus $10 transfer...  That's $30 to $40 bucks, sure, but it's still about $70 to $120 less than what Bills charges in mark-up on some items.

Their prices may be high, but I like the fact I can rent something and shoot it first without making a $300-$700 decision that I might like it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Their prices may be high, but I like the fact I can rent something and shoot it first without making a $300-$700 decision that I might like it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LoL...  This.

When I shot at one of their locations in the Twin Cities that was the main thing I liked about it. I got to rent a couple handguns that I normally wouldn't be able to shoot and see how I liked them.

I also shot at the Burnsville range in the Twin Cities and it was much nicer, but had no rentals.

Either way I prefer shooting outdoors. I wouldn't mind a good indoor range in the winter months though. I shoot outside but I shoot a lot less.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy moly I was just in there and their prices are insane. 500 dollar yugo  sks's, Magtec 9mm 50 round boxes for 20 bucks, pmc bronze 223 for 13 bucks a box. They go online for 6. Do these people not drive to places across town like fleet farm and see what the competion sells stuff for. Needless to say I won't be going back, until their going out of business clearance sale. Too bad, their employees seemed friendly. I wanted so bad to get a decent gun shop to replace those gougers at the outdoorsman. Guess I will keep waiting. Truly disapointed
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I disagree with the "renting an instructor" portion of their rental gun policy for full-autos.  I was an Army Infantry NCO, I instructed deploying units on the M240B, M2HB and as a civilian security contractor overseas got certified to teach MP5, Soviet bloc foreign weapons and as an RSO for Coalition Ranges.  If I want to rent an MP5 and relive a bit of nostalgia after carrying an MP5 for several months around Afghanistan, I have to pay for one of the gun shop monkeys to watch me shoot one?  

One of the guys that works there was a classmate of mine and a formerly serving Marine Infantry Corporal.  He knows his shit.  I like my membership at the Red River Regional Marksmanship Center.  I'll keep it there for what I need in life.  

However, its a new gun shop.  So outside of this board, I'll be happy its here and pledge to stop by at some point to check the place out and give them a few bucks.  

As for now, I guess I'll pour myself a drink.  Its a beautiful Friday in North Dakota, better than being in any other state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top