Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2017 9:08:12 PM EDT
Just got a job offer that will likely have me in the DC area. Looking for a place to live. Im a single guy, would like a place that is dog friendly for a German Shepherd. I would ideally like to have a second bedroom or a den for a study. Looking to keep it around $250,000 or so. I know thats kind of tight for the area. Not as concerned about Maryland, I believe this position will authorize a firearm for carry. If not, its ok. Ill be working on base, so I can't CCW otherwise. Prefer not to be in DC proper, because then I can't even legally own half of what I do as far as guns, so I'm looking to stay in VA or MD, preferably VA.

Anyone know anything? Good areas? Affordable? How are the condo's? I heard the feels are as much as the mortgage sometimes. Probably not super gun friendly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Long story short, VA is by far the most gun friendly.  DC is ridiculous as far as gun laws, and MD is not too far behind.  

As a general rule, the farther from DC you go the lower the prices of homes.  I'm sure there are some exceptions if you look hard enough.  You should be able to find something around the Springfield/Alexandria area in your range, but I haven't done any house shopping in a while.

Traffic is pretty bad in the DC area, particularly in northern VA, so be prepared for that. Other than that, it is not a bad area overall.  

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:55:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s2knate] [#2]
What area will you be working in? That makes a huge difference  for commute and allows for better recommendations. We are up in the Frederick area and comute to the bethesda area daily.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SkunkTop] [#3]
I will be working on the southeast side of DC, on the Maryland side of the river.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top