Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 9:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dessert_Eagle]
Ever since the last ISIS attack, I've pretty much told myself, its a matter of time until DC is hit. Taking the metro through metro center at 5pm-6pm, you can't help but think this is the prime time and location for an attack. It's still Ramadan. Gave me a little anxiety to think I have to leave my gun at home before coming into the district. You feel like helpless prey...

I called MPD to ask about CCW permits (in addition to the required fingerprints, DC training, and DC registration...ugh). Turns out you can only get one if you've ALREADY BEEN VIOLENTLY VICTIMIZED! Why force people to become victims? If you havent been the victim of multiple violent assaults, then you must be a business owner with large amounts of cash or valuables. Seriously? The entire town is a government! The only "small businesses" in dc with cash are the drug dealers...

You pay over $100 to apply - and even if you dont get a permit - they keep the money.

As you read more and more on DC gun laws you realize how screwed up they are. If you go to a museum, or sit beside a K9 on metro, and you have a spent (already fired) casing loose in your pocket off you go to jail!!! There are articles online of such arrests happening. All because a case bounced off the wall at a VA range landing in a coat pocket...

Then if you actually get the permit - of course they only allow guns on CA's roster - meaning effectively every decent gun you cannot have. You must get a mag disconnect, manual safety, 10 round mag limit, useless item, after useless item. Those exclusions tremendously limit your options! Then try getting something affordable and reliable...

The home of our bill of rights...
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Congress should have never given DC home rule.

1973 - Congress passes Home Rule Act
1976 - DC bans handguns

The last opportunity to force DC to go shall issue died with the late Justice Scalia.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Go walk through the metal detectors just to see the "Liberty Bell". When we were there it was just laughable to see the "security".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top