Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2014 2:27:41 PM EDT
How are your gun laws and economy in the state?

Is there an AWB? Is NFA legal? Are CCW issued?

Why I ask? Wife wants to move out of Floirda. So I'm scouting here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as you're not working in Kent or Sussex County, I'd move to PA. If you have to work in northern DE (New Castle County) the drive isn't far, and the gun laws are better in PA.  No NFA in DE, more difficult to get a CCW, and I'd say the long term outlook for DE's gun laws isn't as good, or at least as stable, as PA.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
SBR's are GTG, SBS's/Suppressors/MG's are not

thread a few down, has alot of good info

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_62/563017_Quick_rundown_of_DE_gunlaws_please.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey MiamiJBT... Funny, I was thinking about Delaware also, better taxes than NJ, but they look like they are getting worse gun laws than us....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey MiamiJBT... Funny, I was thinking about Delaware also, better taxes than NJ, but they look like they are getting worse gun laws than us....
View Quote
Yeah... we're looking at Arizona right now.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
No NFA in Wilmington...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure where you're getting that info.  Granted, our long term prospects for 2nd amendment freedoms aren't great considering our legislature is perpetually Democrat, but currently our gun laws are far and away better than Jersey's with no changes in the near future.  Outside of NFA, we are not really limited in any way in this state...our may issue might was way be a shall issue, OC is legal, no mag limits, etc, etc.  All idiotic gun legislature post sandy hook failed (excepting background checks for private party transfers) despite the push from national influences.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No NFA in Wilmington...
View Quote

Failed in your quest huh?  That sucks.  

What are they considering Wilmington?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

PA is the answer you seek.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not sure where you're getting that info.  Granted, our long term prospects for 2nd amendment freedoms aren't great considering our legislature is perpetually Democrat, but currently our gun laws are far and away better than Jersey's with no changes in the near future.  Outside of NFA, we are not really limited in any way in this state...our may issue might was way be a shall issue, OC is legal, no mag limits, etc, etc.  All idiotic gun legislature post sandy hook failed (excepting background checks for private party transfers) despite the push from national influences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HB62, HB58, you care catching the Cali virus, you need to purge the system of Democraps
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

HB62, HB58, you care catching the Cali virus, you need to purge the system of Democraps
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutley true!
This is the answer for the future preservation of our liberties.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
We were talking about Eastern VA, but the DC area liberals are moving into NVA , who knows what will happen there
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, those were two years ago, and one never made it out of committee.  

Unfortunately, Dems will be in control of DE legislature for the foreseeable future.  Like I said, in the long run, gun rights in all the "big city" dominated northeast states could be gone (including PA and VA).
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I might end up at DOVER AFB... too far to commute from PA.  

maybe another family of repubs could help ya!  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, Dems will be in control of DE legislature for the foreseeable future.  Like I said, in the long run, gun rights in all the "big city" dominated northeast states could be gone (including PA and VA).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delaware is still in the running, I have to see some property prices, biggest is the why Christie is destroying the state, I may have to walk away from my house
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm stationed at Dover now, DE really isn't to bad for Mil folks, the whole universal background check thing is annoying but that's about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm stationed at Dover now, DE really isn't to bad for Mil folks, the whole universal background check thing is annoying but that's about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you tell me more about that?
I'm used to walking in filling out a 4473 and walking out with gun 15th minutes later.
What's different?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]
To purchase, you have to provide copy of PCS orders and a bill with your current address and name on it.
To sell a firearm here, you have to go through a FFL dealer unless the buyer has a Delaware concealed carry permit. There is no database nor way to track it..... so its a bit silly
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
To purchase, you have to provide copy of PCS orders and a bill with your current address and name on it.
To sell a firearm here, you have to go through a FFL dealer unless the buyer has a Delaware concealed carry permit. There is no database nor way to track it..... so its a bit silly
View Quote

I may change my residency when I get there to Del.  might make it a perm stay.  Originally from Maryland and this is about as close as I wanna be.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#19]
As a NYer who owns a second home in Delaware, I LOVE IT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top