Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2017 11:36:07 PM EDT
In case anyone doesn't know, we're headed for a massive eclipse and Boise is going be 95%+ covered by it.

Relevant Information from NASA
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay far away from Weiser next weekend and Monday.  Traffic is supposed to be a nightmare.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Screw going anywhere during that time.  I am going to work from home I think.  Anywhere in town is going to be a mess with that many visitors.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Count me in as one of the poor saps who's coming down for it.  Headed down from CDA to see family near Caldwell.  
We normally take 95 all the way south as it puts us out closer to Caldwell, thinking maybe of going 55 just to try and hit less Weiser area traffic.
Thoughts?

(No, I can't just say home, we're committed)
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Heard from Enterprise they've been out of vehicles all this week and most of next, they think it's all the people coming in for it.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:28:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Do we have any Weiser/Payette/Fruitland members who can comment on the influx?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Too many damn people in IF and east along hwy 20 already, and the majority haven't even shown up yet... People are acting like it's Y2K all over again and grocery stores are already getting hit hard for french toast supplies, produce, and bottled water. Work was curtailed Monday, but wondering if I should take Tuesday off too seeing as how that's prolly when the main exodus will occur. I hope you folks up around Island Park/West Yellowstone/Jackson are prepared for the people who are coming to visit after the eclipse is over since "we're in the area already, might as well see everything there is to see".
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Last projection I heard was half a million folks into Idaho for the event.   Town is gonna be nuts.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody was telling me that you wont be able to see it from boise. Thats bullshit right? Seems like logically we'd see it just fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somebody was telling me that you wont be able to see it from boise. Thats bullshit right? Seems like logically we'd see it just fine.
View Quote
That's correct.  We won't be able to see "it" from Boise.  Actually, we won't be able to see ANYTHING because the fucking sun is going to be almost completely blotted out. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm staying completely off the roads Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#13]
We'll watch it all from home, including the local news in the late afternoon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:29:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Living in Blackfoot.  Went to Idaho Falls today.  Traffic was worse than normal but not bad.  California driver almost side swiped me trying to merge into my lane.. wasnt like I was in his blind spot I was litterally looking at him yelling and saying wtf.  He then locked his brakes up and cranked it over into my lane and almost hit the car behind me.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw it off Hwy 93 near Willow Creek Summit,  2min 5 sec of totality.  Was well worth it and not many people around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Has most everyone cleared out?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#17]
We were just outside of Emmett during the eclipse.  It was pretty cool and worth the 15 minute drive from my house!

Shooting During the 2017 Eclipse in Idaho

Eric  
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Got to visit my dad east of Horseshoe Bend during the eclipse and we got over a minute of totality in the backyard. Really cool. 

Also got to visit the Warhawk and Old Penitentiary museums. That gun collection is amazing. 

I love Idaho and didn't want to come back to CA. One of these days I won't. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top