Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2017 10:27:19 AM EDT
Google isnt helping me the most so I was hoping some locals could help me.  Recently graduated school and just moved to Blackfoot for work.  Im looking for a range that has a nice area to shoot pistols, ARs, and the precision guns.  I dont mind paying a membership fee as long as I can bring immediate family with me under that fee (wife, child, etc)

Anyone have recommendations? Im used to living up in national forest, then when I was up in Moscow we only had a short drive out into the forest so being part of a gun club is a whole new experience for me, Just want one that will fit my needs and give me somewhere safe to shoot out here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You want Cedar Hills down there in the Blackfoot

Probably the best range within an hour, as it has a few shooting areas that are protected from the wind.  (all but the long range)
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want Cedar Hills down there in the Blackfoot

Probably the best range within an hour, as it has a few shooting areas that are protected from the wind.  (all but the long range)
View Quote
What is the longest range they have do you know?

Also curious how their five stand works is it only open XX days a week?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Last I heard ceder has 500yards, I have never been there yet however.

Unified in rexburg has a really nice 1000 yard range if that is something you want and is only 20ish minutes from IF.

SEIPS in Idaho falls is not too bad but only 200 yard max.

You do have to be a member to shoot at seips and not sure about rexburg. I only shoot competitions at those ranges and am not a member at ether because I have my own range.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Ceder hills has a 1000.  Rexburg has a 1600, but I don't know if it's still in operation.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last I heard ceder has 500yards, I have never been there yet however.

Unified in rexburg has a really nice 1000 yard range if that is something you want and is only 20ish minutes from IF.

SEIPS in Idaho falls is not too bad but only 200 yard max.

You do have to be a member to shoot at seips and not sure about rexburg. I only shoot competitions at those ranges and am not a member at ether because I have my own range.
View Quote
Awesome thanks, 500 yards should be plenty to work on the fundamentals then I can make the hour drive down to the dry farm when I need to stretch the legs any further.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Rt 33 & East Butte Rd., Straight West of Rexburg. Look at Google Earth, That entire area is the range.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#7]
According to the above post ceder has a 1000. I wouldn't know cause I've never been there and just going off what I've heard so a 1000 it is.

You can shoot farther than 1000 at Rexburg range but I was told not to unless it was a official match. That said I have shot past 1200 during a match there.

I have seen all the blm pretty much west of the buttes and south of 33 but yet to shoot there. I plan to shoot a mile out there once I get a range finder that can range that far.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks every body!  I  have been slowly checking all these areas out seeing which one I like most.  If I end up staying in the blackfoot area I am for sure going to get a membership at cedar hills.  Through my job I have also meet a farmer with some decent land, he also loves guns and invited me out to shoot on his property.

Curious if anyone can also recommend a class/instructor in this area?  Might need to ask elsewhere but my girlfriend wants to pursue her CCW license but wants to take a basic handgunners course as well a CCW course.  Are there any in this area or are we better off heading to Boise/Northern Utah?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I know there are classes over at Guns N Gear. They used to teach them out at the Rexburg range before it opened, but all(the ones that I knew of) moved to the indoor range once it did. They had a few instructors who were instructors for Triple Canopy, and always stressed safety above all else. I think they have some women only classes there as well, but it's been awhile since I checked any of their training offerings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top