Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2017 10:21:07 PM EDT
Been in ID for 2 months now and have ID license...

Never been delayed in OR when I lived there, will I get delayed buying new gun in ID?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends, do you list your ssn when you fill out the form?  Do you have a concealed license?  How common is your name?  FYI, it's the same background check, your location is the only thing that has changed. Long gun or pistol?  Non-residents may purchase a rifle while visiting from out of state and walk out the door. If it's a pistol, it has to be transferred to an FFL in your state of residence.

Theoretically you should be fine, unless you have done something to warrant a red flag since your last purchase?

ETA, you have an Idaho license you are ok, if you had out of state license and tried to buy a handgun here they would have to transfer to OR dealer.   Also with a concealed license, you can skip the background check/phone call here in Idaho.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I had been in Idaho for less than a week when I waltzed into Sportsman's Warehouse with a paper license and picked up a Glock 43.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW my brother is a LEO in ID and owned many guns before moving here. For whatever reason his first purchase in ID was delayed for a few days.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Even though is constitutional carry for residents, I'd suggest thinking about an ID enhanced cwp.  You'll have reciprocity with almost 40 other states, and no NICS check whey you buy a gun from a dealer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top