Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 3:25:58 PM EDT
My wife and I are moving to Boise in late July. I'm currently enrolled at BSU and she is looking for better work opportunities as an RN.

I was looking at elk tags for the next season and noticed that to be apply for a resident tag you must have lived in the state for 6 months prior to applying for a license.

If I have a valid Idaho drivers license but haven't lived in a domicile for 6 months at the time of purchase does it cover me for resident status or do they base it off the drivers license issue date?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the date on your driver's license?  This is what they will base it on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
They wanted proof, but one guy decided my license issue date was good enough.  The other disagreed.  I got the license. 

Part of my issue was previously having out of state licenses.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Looks like I'll be spectating this season. Every other state counts a drivers license as residency, reguardless of date...because you have to prove residency to get one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Looks like I'll be spectating this season. Every other state counts a drivers license as residency, reguardless of date...because you have to prove residency to get one.
View Quote
Try to get one, then decide if you're sitting it out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#5]
When I got my license at Walmart he both checked my DL and then asked me what date I became a permanent resident in Idaho. The date that I told him is the date of residency listed on my license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top