Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2017 12:59:24 AM EDT
I'm looking for a cool color for my .22 Nosler upper, and they are the only local folks that offer an upper in the color I want here in the TV.  I haven't read anything bad about them, but I wanted to check on here. 

Let me know!

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I ordered one after visiting his shop.  He does everything in-house, and the end result seems to be very good.  Fit should be good as well, but that will be determined when I get it on my upper.

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Eric. I just went to their site. Those are cool lowers with v shaped mag well. Does FF have a shop to check out? Since their in Boise, I figured Id cgeck it out.

Post a pic when you get her built!

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
They have a shop, but it is by appointment only.  Since he's a one-man shop right now, it's hard to get a hold of him.  I'm going to see if I can help him out a bit, just because I think his product is good.

Here's the .22 Nosler build, without the optics, which are being mounted today:

Odin Works Upper and stock, purchased here locally from Timberbutte Outdoors.

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
That's nice!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That's nice!
Whoops
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats sweet.
I like the handguards. I need one for my shooter.

Nice job Eric!

Noah
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.

I finally scoped it, and took it out for some function testing this evening.  I was going to try and sight it in as well, but I ran out of time.  That will wait until tomorrow.

Here's one from today:

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I took it out and sighted-in.  It was gusty, but even with that I was able to get it where I needed it to be for some whistle pig shooting.

WP #1 was two yards in front of the target, and with a well-placed, lower shot, he proceeded to launch about 8 yards away with some serious hang time!

I only killed a few others, with the longest shots being 161 and 184 yards.  The hits are very audible and I got most on video.  On one of them, I could not find the lower half.  I looked for about 10 minutes, but had to review the video when I got home.  It blew apart, with a touch of red/green mist included.  All were dead instantly, which is what hunters strive for.

Here's some of the ones I shot with the rifle.  Don't mind the blood and guts on the rifle, it fell while I was taking a picture and rolled over the dead squirrels.  That's been happening a lot lately! 

Eric 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Tomorrow I'll lay waste to some

Very nice shooting
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice job.
Rifle is sweet. My shooter is a low down dpms oracle with a generic sightmark halo on it. I need a decent optic to throw on it then Im gonna head out to sight in and shoot it.

If you ever want some company shooting let me know. Im kind of a noob but very safety oriented.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's an update on the .22 Nosler. 

Refresher of the build:
Odin Works upper
Founding Fathers Lower
Burris Fullfield E1 - 6.5-20x50mm
Nosler 62 grain Varmageddon ammunition
-----
I just finished up shooting groups and dialing my rifle in when this ground squirrel stood up 25 yards behind the 200 yard gong.  One shot laid him out,
dead.  225 yards.  The 62 grain are grouping very well and may end up being one of the final bullets I test once I start reloading.

Eric 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top