Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 4:22:32 PM EDT
Trying to add as many Idaho repeaters into my HT as possible.  Figure it will make travel funner/easier.  What repeaters 2m/70cm repeaters are most active in your area?  Im in the Moscow area but havent really ventured far from here yet.  If you guys wouldnt mind posting your area and what repeaters you hear the most traffic on it would be great.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not into ham radio (yet) but there is a local club here in Kootenai County that runs a repeater.  The repeater info is listed on the website.

http://www.k7id.org/
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I have the list of repeaters from radio reference but Boise itself has 6 or so and I didn't know if there were any that were busier than others.

Here in Moscow the 70cm never has anythig.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Supposedly the Boise club has a repeater up on Bogus.  I have not been able to hit it or heard anyone on it.  Wonder if it is down? 
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.nf7t.us/

Jake has been putting together repeater list for a long time.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.nf7t.us/

Jake has been putting together repeater list for a long time.  
View Quote

Awesome Thanks! didnt know that existed.  Its also in a hand printable form!
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Supposedly the Boise club has a repeater up on Bogus.  I have not been able to hit it or heard anyone on it.  Wonder if it is down? 
View Quote

Im not too sure, I was hoping to make it down to Boise and see if I could make contact in a month or two.  Was also wanting to try and make it up to Idaho City and experiment up in the mountains with coverage and what not
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Im not too sure, I was hoping to make it down to Boise and see if I could make contact in a month or two.  Was also wanting to try and make it up to Idaho City and experiment up in the mountains with coverage and what not
View Quote

Kinda curious how well it works out for you in the woods.  I actually got into HAM specifically for woods comms.  When I got a chance to actually go to the woods all my gear got lost (and returned).
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
It will be interesting!  Thats one of the reasons I wanted to get into amateur radio was for possible emergency use in the woods.  My buddy said if you happen to be near a fire lookout or any other really high peak its amazing how much range you can get even with a little 2m HT.  They may not be the replacement for a proper satelite phone/tracking device but if the dirtbike ever broke down id rather hike to a mountain top than try and hike out of some areas.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And if anyone knows of any good linked repeater systems?

We have the KBARA network up in Moscow, CDA.  Then I believe the 444.975 repeater in Moscow is linked with ones in Lewiston and out on the Praire but I can not get any replies.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Linked repeaters through eastern Idaho, Utah, etc etc

They no longer have War Eagle Mountain hooked up, so no Boise
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Linked repeaters through eastern Idaho, Utah, etc etc

They no longer have War Eagle Mountain hooked up, so no Boise
View Quote
Awesome Thanks! Been here 2 weeks now and the 2m is pretty slow compared to Moscow.  Ill check these out but I guess I better start studying so I can get an HF set up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Google Map

I use the 146.640 for ERARC net, you probably will be able to hit it with 50W from Blackfoot
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are in the Moscow/N. Idaho area, check out the KBARA Network of repeaters.  They have quite a few linked together to cover the better part of N. Idaho and Eastern Washington.

KBARA
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you are in the Moscow/N. Idaho area, check out the KBARA Network of repeaters.  They have quite a few linked together to cover the better part of N. Idaho and Eastern Washington.

KBARA
View Quote
I already miss the KBARA repeaters.  I was going to school up there and they were very active.  Where I am at now there isnt much that my handheld can hit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top