Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
Sent an email to Rep Mike Simpson asking him to at least support or be a cosigner on the Hearing Protection Act as Rep Raul Labrador already has.  Specifically asked to be told why if he would not support the bill. Received the email below as a response.  Basically a nothing response that doesn't say anything if he would support it or not.

Encourage you to use this link http://simpson.house.gov/contact/  to send Rep Simpson an email requesting his support of H.R. 367.  Perhaps if enough people contact him he will take a public stand favorable to this bill.  

Would also encourage you to send an email to Senator Crapo. He introduced Senate Bill 59 which is the senate version of H.R. 367.  His contact link is https://www.crapo.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm

Simpson Response to my email asking for his support:

Dear Chuck:

Thank you for contacting me regarding legislation introduced during the 114th Congress.  I appreciate hearing from you and having the opportunity to respond.

Each day many Idahoans contact me to express their opinions on a host of issues.  I have reviewed your comments and always enjoy the opportunity to hear first-hand from constituents such as yourself about the matters that are important to you.

Any legislation that did not pass during the 114th Congress must be reintroduced during the 115th Congress in order for it to be considered.  Should the legislation mentioned in your correspondence come before me during the 115th Congress, I will keep your thoughts in mind when considering its merits.

I look forward to working with my colleagues in the 115th Congress to reduce government spending, grow our economy, create new jobs, and balance the federal budget.  I remain committed to providing meaningful tax relief to the citizens of Idaho and working to ensure the role of Congress is respected in the decision-making process.  Finally, I'm going to continue my strong advocacy of Idaho's agricultural and natural resources-based industries because of their importance to our economy, culture, and way of life.  These are the tough day-to-day battles that protect the interests of Idahoans.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this issue.  As your representative in Congress, it is important to me to know your thoughts and opinions about issues affecting our nation today.  I also encourage you to visit my website, www.simpson.house.gov, to sign up for my e-newsletter and to read more about my views on a variety of issues.

Sincerely,

Mike Simpson
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Another non-answer from Simpson received today.  I feel better already:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 367, the Hearing Protection Act.  I appreciate hearing from you and having the opportunity to respond.

As you may know, Representative Jeff Duncan (R-SC) introduced H.R. 367 on January 9, 2017. This legislation would provide that silencers be treated the same as long guns. Currently H.R. 367 is under consideration by the House Committee on Ways and Means as well as the Committee on the Judiciary.

While I do not sit on the committees with jurisdiction over this piece of legislation, I will continue to monitor its progress as it makes its way through the committee process.  You can be confident that I will keep your thoughts in mind should it come before me on the floor of the House of Representatives.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this issue.  As your representative in Congress, it is important to me to know your thoughts and opinions about issues affecting our nation today.  I also encourage you to visit my website, www.simpson.house.gov, to sign up for my e-newsletter and to read more about my views on a variety of issues.

Sincerely,
Mike Simpson
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the same exact emails from him in October.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top