Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 7:22:05 PM EDT
I've been seeing a number of F-150 SVT Raptors around town.  These trucks were built specifically for the Baja races, yet of the dozens of times I have seen them here in Boise, I have never found one that has so much as a spec of dirt on them.  In fact, I even saw one pulling out of the car wash a while back.

What gives?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been seeing a number of F-150 SVT Raptors around town.  These trucks were built specifically for the Baja races, yet of the dozens of times I have seen them here in Boise, I have never found one that has so much as a spec of dirt on them.  In fact, I even saw one pulling out of the car wash a while back.

What gives?
View Quote

Who cares what kind of car others drive?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
people like the truck, people buy them, and people drive them however they see fit
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What gives?

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
No different than the jeep rubicons that never see off road.

Way over priced grocery getters.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive had mine for three years and hammer it off road. Mainly mountain trails. Good power, luxury inside and nice stock Fox suspension that takes abuse. Tows our families 30' 10k LB travel trailer surprisingly well too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ive had mine for three years and hammer it off road. Mainly mountain trails. Good power, luxury inside and nice stock Fox suspension that takes abuse. Tows our families 30' 10k LB travel trailer surprisingly well too.
View Quote

Okay, I need you to report to the nearest research lab for study.  We need to try to replicate this.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What gives?
View Quote

Somebody has to buy the new ones, so the rest of us can afford to buy a nice late-model rig.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
So what I get out of this, is that people who take care of there stuff are not cool?  

Seriously, I don't get this "Not a spec of dirt" logic that gets thrown around. As soon as I am done hunting, crawling, mudding, whatever... the truck gets a massive cleaning.

Until I see you out in the mud and dirt with me, I will just assume that your dirty vehicle that you are driving on the road is like that, because you have no self respect.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what I get out of this, is that people who take care of there stuff are not cool?  

Seriously, I don't get this "Not a spec of dirt" logic that gets thrown around. As soon as I am done hunting, crawling, mudding, whatever... the truck gets a massive cleaning. Until I see you out in the mud and dirt with me, I will just assume that your dirty vehicle that you are driving on the road is like that, because you have no self respect.  
View Quote

I think I see what's going on now.  Raptor owners do take their vehicles off road at times, but have the self respect to keep them clean.  Well I asked what gives and got my answer.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here is my Rubi before and after a few mods to run 37inch tires and what not.

And it still gets the grocery's from time to time
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I tow our camp trailer with it, use my unplowed neighborhood street as a personal rally track, fishtail down Pleasant Valley road, travel to work, and use it as a family vehicle/grocery getter. It is a supremely capable vehicle for horrible road conditions, a handy thing since I am on emergency backup call for a hospital 24 hours a day through the middle of this week. It's currently filthy thanks to the roads. I keep a spray bottle of Rain X and a microfiber towel in one door cubby. As needed, I'll do a whore's bath: clean off the headlights, tail lights, marker lights, and both camera lenses.

Designed for Baja doesn't mean it is incapable of handling terrain outside that geographic area.

Also, we do seem to have one of the higher Raptor concentrations. AZ also has quite a few.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I miss my Rubi Rolling it off a 700' cliff/drop made is so I couldn't use it anymore

I am waiting for the 2018 model to arrive. Hopefully it comes with some sort of ecoboost type small engine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top