Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2017 9:41:58 PM EDT
Have to go to Granby for work.  Will have a car.  Based on limited web searching, it seems like a resort/ski area with not a lot going on  in the summer.

Are there any gunshops/militaria/Army-Navy surplus/knife/outdoors stores around?  I'm also into airguns but doubt there would be an airgun store around.

Aside from that, anything interesting going on in that area?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm on a project about an hour and a half or so north east of that, I haven't really seen anything like that anywhere around here, but I haven't spent much time in granby.

Depending on how long you'll but up here I'd check out Quebec City, it's a little drive for you  but I like it better than Montreal.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
There really isn't anything around Granby in that category. Some shops in Montreal, but meh. There's a collector in Sherbrooke that has old military stuff but he closes at noon.
On another note, unless you have to, don't stay in Granby. Stay in downtown Montreal and drive to work. I do Airbnb and always rent a condo downtown. Cheaper than a hotel and normally a lot nicer.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TMLoftis:
I'm on a project about an hour and a half or so north east of that, I haven't really seen anything like that anywhere around here, but I haven't spent much time in granby.

Depending on how long you'll but up here I'd check out Quebec City, it's a little drive for you  but I like it better than Montreal.
View Quote
QC is nicer, but I think it's a good 3-3.5hr drive from Granby.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greentip] [#5]
Originally Posted By TMLoftis:

View Quote
Thanks everyone for the replies.  I do plan to stop through Montreal but not sure what to do there yet.

TNMike: Can you give me more info on the place in Sherbrooke?  All I found on Google was the following which looks like a small store that has paintball stuff:

Quartier Maître Enr  
Army & navy surplus shop in Sherbrooke, Québec
Address: 1578 Rue King O, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2C3, Canada
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By greentip:

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I do plan to stop through Montreal but not sure what to do there yet.

TMLoftis: Can you give me more info on the place in Sherbrooke?  All I found on Google was the following which looks like a small store that has paintball stuff:

Quartier Maître Enr  
View Quote
I've been in that place and they had nothing that excited me.  Nothing but old uniforms, paintball, and airsoft.  The guy that runs it is nice enough and speaks a little English.  

The other place in town is small and is only open from like 9-12, but it looks like it has some really cool stuff.  I have to go to Chartierville in November, so I may work it into my schedule.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#7]

TMLoftis: Can you give me more info on the place in Sherbrooke?  All I found on Google was the following which looks like a small store that has paintball stuff:

Quartier Maître Enr  
View Quote
Here is the one...
P&S Guns and Militaria

As for what to do in Montreal?  It's all in what you're into.  I'd recommend going to Old Montreal and walking around, but good luck on parking.  There's a few parking lots around, but be careful that it's not one that stacks cars on top of each other or park down at the Science Museum for 25$.  Today starts the NHL pre-season, so catch a game.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TnMike] [#8]
I forgot, but there's a place, I think it's in Brome, that sells some surplus.  It's more of a hardware/tack store that has a couple isles of surplus.  If I can find it online I'll post up some info.

ETA:  
I was wrong, it's in Dunham.  It's called "PRO Quincaillerie J.P. & F. Larochelle".  It's a good little drive from Granby for what it is and where it is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TnMike:

Here is the one...
P&S Guns and Militaria

As for what to do in Montreal?  It's all in what you're into.  I'd recommend going to Old Montreal and walking around, but good luck on parking.  There's a few parking lots around, but be careful that it's not one that stacks cars on top of each other or park down at the Science Museum for 25$.  Today starts the NHL pre-season, so catch a game.
View Quote
Thanks Mike!  Great info.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks Mike!  Great info.
View Quote
Not a problem.

Not sure of your work schedule, but Granby is not too far from downtown Montreal. You could rent a condo (cheaper/better than hotel) for a night or two and drive to work. If you work a day type shift, traffic won't be bad. If you work a night type shift, I'd avoid like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TacticalConcepts:
if you are in Montreal, CRAFM is a good gun shop.

http://www.crafm.com/

Mark
View Quote
I've been in there once.  Nice place, nice range, and nice people.  A little hard to find.  It was odd for me, being an American, to have to be buzzed into the shop.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I finally went into P&S. Nice little shop is you’re into WWII and earlier military items. The older gentlemen that runs the place is a really nice guy.  If you’re into hockey, I believe he is kin (son?) to Gerry Plamondon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top