Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 10:11:05 AM EDT
Anyone been to 6 flags in Montreal?  I'm thinking about taking my 10y/o either Friday or Saturday and just would like to know if its worth going to or if there's any issues with the place.  Also, any other suggestions of places that a 10 y/o boy may like to check out in Montreal?  I was looking at checking out that Space museum off of 15 near our hotel in Laval.  We're also going to be staying in Sherbrooke Tuesday and Wednesday night so if there's anything to do around there please let me know.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
No issues with the place but the lines are long-ish (then again I'm a grump) there's both parking and a small bus ride from the subway. (subway's perfectly safe and electric)

I haven't been to the space thing in a long while, it was interesting but it's more of a science center than an actual museum.

Other cool things for a 10 year old there's a small indoor zoo called the biodome http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/biodome (100% Pauly Shore free) and nearby an insect "museum" http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/insectarium

I've never been to Sherbrooke though; it's a university town so it should be relatively calm.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
We did La Ronde Friday and had a great time. Not too hot or busy. Did that Goliath ride twice, once with the goggles and once w/o. I about died with those things on my head. Saturday did the Cosmodome, insect thing, gardens, Olympic Stadium, Old Port area. Great time!  The old section of town was crazy busy the latter it got. Watched some idiots protesting in Old Port, blocking the road, and the police had to intervene.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We did La Ronde Friday and had a great time. Not too hot or busy. Did that Goliath ride twice, once with the goggles and once w/o. I about died with those things on my head. Saturday did the Cosmodome, insect thing, gardens, Olympic Stadium, Old Port area. Great time!  The old section of town was crazy busy the latter it got. Watched some idiots protesting in Old Port, blocking the road, and the police had to intervene.
View Quote

Glad you had a good time, if you liked the Old Port you might want to head all the way up to Quebec city one day.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top