Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2016 12:43:59 PM EDT
So, I'm thinking of a drive to Alaska or perhaps visiting Canada this summer. I've always wanted to do it, and while I'm taking my brother out near Missoula, I might as well make a couple-day detour!

I was just wondering about transporting firearms out there. It looks like if its a non-restricted firearm, it wouldn't be a problem as long as its declared beforehand and the proper fees paid. Plus it can be kept around unloaded if in a remote wilderness area. Would it be too much of a hassle to really consider it?

On other notes, what should I consider going to? I have family in Detroit which is only 8 hours away, so next time I'm up there, I hope to visit Windsor. But I'd like to visit some places further NW; maybe drive to Hyder, AK. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Windsor really as bad as the Canuks I know say it is?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is Windsor really as bad as the Canuks I know say it is?
View Quote

Ya...it's basically shit.
Heaven compared to Detroit...but ya...shit
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, I'm thinking of a drive to Alaska or perhaps visiting Canada this summer. I've always wanted to do it, and while I'm taking my brother out near Missoula, I might as well make a couple-day detour!

I was just wondering about transporting firearms out there. It looks like if its a non-restricted firearm, it wouldn't be a problem as long as its declared beforehand and the proper fees paid. Plus it can be kept around unloaded if in a remote wilderness area. Would it be too much of a hassle to really consider it?

On other notes, what should I consider going to? I have family in Detroit which is only 8 hours away, so next time I'm up there, I hope to visit Windsor. But I'd like to visit some places further NW; maybe drive to Hyder, AK. Any thoughts or recommendations?
View Quote

It's going to take you more that a couple of days to get to Alaska. It also depends on where you want to cross the border. In Alberta or BC.

Albert/BC Map
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top