Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:55:36 AM EDT
I am a U.S. Citizen and currently have a year lease on an apartment in St. John's Newfoundland which expires in May. I have been living here for work in the energy industry. I want to change jobs and move back to the U.S.  My landlord is refusing to let me out of my lease early. What are my options for legally ending the lease? I have done some research and it looks like I need to file an N9 form stating my intention to vacate. That gives the landlord 60 days notice. If I am unable too find someone to take over the lease what are my options? What repercussions would there be for a foreigner if I were to just move out? Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top