Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2015 12:43:30 PM EDT
So some friends and I are planning a trip to Ontario next August. One of them owns land on a lake in the middle of nowhere. One of the things we are doing is taking firearms. We have the import/export rules down and the rules for long arms down.

My question is this: are revolvers covered under "restricted firearms?"

Maybe it is easier to ask like this. The firearm I would like to bring in is a S&W 29-2 4-inch. Do the barrel length rules apply to revolvers or just semi-autos?

Thanks a lot for any help you guys can provide.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, revolver and pistol fall under the restricted class.

Shorter barrel revolver/pistol can also be prohibited depending of the barrel lengh.
Definition of a prohibited firearm

According to the Criminal Code, a prohibited firearm is:

a handgun thathas a barrel equal to or less than 105 mm in length, oris designed or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32 calibre cartridge, but does not include any such handgun that is prescribed, where the handgun is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted,is less than 660 mm in length, oris 660 mm or greater in length and has a barrel less than 457 mm in length,an automatic firearm, whether or not it has been altered to discharge only one projectile with one pressure of the trigger, orany firearm that is prescribed to be a prohibited firearm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top