Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2015 8:48:46 PM EDT
Greetings Canadian friends,

I have this wild itch to see how far North I can drive in one day. I can make Quebec City in less than four hours from home, so I'm thinking I can reach the Cote-Nord/Lac Manicouagan area.

I would attempt this roadtrip in summer. Is there any public land camping accessible to non-citizens or are there any good campgrounds in the area? Anything else I should know about the area or is there cool stuff I should see?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Never went on the côte nord so i wont be of any help.

This is mainly small village or city related to mines or forestry.  Meanwhile, you may want to see the Lac st-jean since you will be in the area.
There is many small private/city campground. For any provincial park, you can see and reserve online here.
http://www.sepaq.com/pq/index.dot?language_id=1

Hope it will help you a bit.
Ho and don't forget your dictionary....people up north don't speak english very well. But you will find girls from quebec can be charming
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never went on the côte nord so i wont be of any help.

This is mainly small village or city related to mines or forestry.  Meanwhile, you may want to see the Lac st-jean since you will be in the area.
There is many small private/city campground. For any provincial park, you can see and reserve online here.
http://www.sepaq.com/pq/index.dot?language_id=1

Hope it will help you a bit.
Ho and don't forget your dictionary....people up north don't speak english very well. But you will find girls from quebec can be charming
View Quote

Thanks! I can speak enough French to get by but this is a great reason to practice more.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
This is relevant to my interests.

I organize a fishing trip to Quebec each spring. We usually go up into the James Bay Drainage - (above Senneterre).

This year I'd like to go in on the Outardes drainage. I've been having lots of trouble finding information.

Manicouagan looks cool, but I'd rather be further south. Below Outardes 4 is a "ZEC", so the will be access and campsites but you'll need to pay a fee to drive and camp there.

If the land is public, and not a ZEC or SEPAC or an exclusive concession for an outfitter, you can camp for free.

I don't know about Native reserves on the eastern side of the Province. On the western side you need to be careful - boundaries aren't marked and the natives can be touchy about fishermen.

I've been trying hard to confirm forest road conditions and the above for the river and reservoirs above the ZEC, We'll probably go even if we can't. I'm confident that we can access and camp on Manicouagan if nothing else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top