Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 1:01:08 PM EDT
I don't know why I can't find a straight answer here or anywhere else online, but I can't.

Please cite a reputable source.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Legal for item to enter Canada.
CBSA won't  care.

Export out of the USA is your concern.
Lots of gun related items are not permitted to leave the USA without export permits.

It's YOUR govt that will go after you.. Not Canada's
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legal for item to enter Canada.
CBSA won't  care.

Export out of the USA is your concern.
Lots of gun related items are not permitted to leave the USA without export permits.

It's YOUR govt that will go after you.. Not Canada's
View Quote

Thanks, that's what concerns me.

I'm sure the grip can be used on any number of guns, what type of gun isn't something i really care about.

Avoiding the whole issue, rather than saying "whatever" to make $8 sounds like the best call and it's where i'm sitting.

If it's plainly legal, and that can all be pointed out, I would be very happy to get someone in Canada the part that they would like to have.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You are allowed up to $500 in parts before you have to apply for a export permit. Excluding barrels, bolts and receivers. ITAR doesn't take into account private sales. There is no rules or guide lines. I phoned and talked to the Department head for the US State Dept. and he couldn't give me a straight answer either.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are allowed up to $500 in parts before you have to apply for a export permit. Excluding barrels, bolts and receivers. ITAR doesn't take into account private sales. There is no rules or guide lines. I phoned and talked to the Department head for the US State Dept. and he couldn't give me a straight answer either.
View Quote

Unbelievable!

Although, I've read all about what it takes to travel to Canada with a firearm and that seemed clear as mud as well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top