Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2014 2:41:32 AM EDT
I apologize if this has been asked a million times already, I searched back as far as I could and couldn't find anything related to it.

I saw that Colt Canada is releasing/has released semi-auto civilian Diemaco Canadian marked and stamped rifles and carbines.  Being a fan of AR's, especially Colts, and being half Canadian I am seriously lusting after an authentic Diemaco maple leaf stamped AR but I have not seen any for sale in the US.  Does anyone know if these guns are or will be available in the US?

Also, is there a reason they don't come with the green furniture? I'm guessing when these were sold under the Diemaco name it had black furniture?  Is there any way to get an authentic semi-auto version of the C7 or other variations that have the green furniture, maple leaf stamps?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I apologize if this has been asked a million times already, I searched back as far as I could and couldn't find anything related to it.

I saw that Colt Canada is releasing/has released semi-auto civilian Diemaco Canadian marked and stamped rifles and carbines.  Being a fan of AR's, especially Colts, and being half Canadian I am seriously lusting after an authentic Diemaco maple leaf stamped AR but I have not seen any for sale in the US.  Does anyone know if these guns are or will be available in the US?

Also, is there a reason they don't come with the green furniture? I'm guessing when these were sold under the Diemaco name it had black furniture?  Is there any way to get an authentic semi-auto version of the C7 or other variations that have the green furniture, maple leaf stamps?
View Quote

Due to US Export laws the only way you could probably get one is as a dealer sample. The agreement they had with Colt is that they won't selling them in the US. I know for military contracts US Mil/LE could buy Diemaco stuff as long as Colt was the primary contractor. They was only 500 of each model built. Colt Canada kept 10  samples of each. Even though these rifles were built in Canada there still had to obtain a export permit from the US State Dept because of US military technology. The green furniture is no longer produced, as most customers are getting the IUR. Colt Canada just released 400 sets of green furniture to the public. You can now order them with black or green furniture.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I was afraid of that. Seems like the only way I could get one is to file my dual citizenship paperwork, move back, apply for a restricted permit then buy the gun.

I could build a clone, which is what I was originally planning before reading about Diemaco, but finding the "Canadian average green furniture" on this side of the border has proved impossible so far.

Thanks for the info!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top