Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2014 7:37:54 PM EDT
We go fishing up in Quebec pretty much every spring. We don't use outfitters, we drive in and camp.

Memorial Day is early this year and it was a cold winter. Is there any resource I can use to find out if the ice is out?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a tough call, I know the lake I go to further south still has ice with slush on top of it, it's a very wet spring up here for now but there are still 3 weeks until Memorial Day.

There is a tourism bureau in Senneterre but it's a crap shoot to know if anyone speaks english there. At worst if you can't get an answer in approximate english out of them PM me and I'll call them in french

1-888-437-2694

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Matt.

I can often struggle through with my high school french - but it's been a long time since high school.

Last year I managed to buy a trailer tire (with mounting) at 9:00 on Saturday night in Senneterre!

Link Posted: 5/6/2014 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks Matt.

I can often struggle through with my high school french - but it's been a long time since high school.

Last year I managed to buy a trailer tire (with mounting) at 9:00 on Saturday night in Senneterre!

View Quote

A little effort goes a very long way with the whole french / english thing
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried the tourist offices in Senneterre and Lebel-Sur Quevillon. I don't think they open until June 2.

On a bright note - I've been watching the weather. It's been relatively warm (above freezing overnight) and wet, so I don't think we'll have trouble. Maybe ice back in the bays, but that won't bother us.

Regarding effort - I always start conversations in french once I hit Ottawa. I find most people prefer to use their English than my French. Once we're above the Park I generally need to order meals for everyone in the group.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top