Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2014 5:23:23 PM EDT
So I am planning a road trip to hit some job fairs in Alberta the first week of February. Coming in from Montana thru coutts going up to red deer - edmonton and hopefully Fort McMurray.

What are the roads like? Other than a snow storm nothing much different than the states? I am used to driving in snowy and icy conditions so just making sure I don't end up in trouble.

Will google maps travel times be accurate?

If there is no major storms can I make it form edmonton to ft mcmurray?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Edmonton to Ft. Mc is 5 hours. It's just a two lane highway and everyone drives like an idiot. It's the most dangerous highway in Canada.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have driven that hiway to Ft. Mac a hundred times and am lucky to still be alive.

Better off flying from Calgary or Edmtn to Ft. Mac.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
There is lots of jobs in Alberta. Everyone is looking for people. Average wage in Ft. McMurray is $48/hour. If you have more than one trade ticket, it will increase your hourly wage too. A friend of mine has four tickets and makes $245/hour.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you applied for a work visa yet ?
You'll be SOL if you don't have one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top