Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 7:56:43 AM EDT
Finally!  I finally ran a long range field precision rifle match.  I know I talked and asked about it a long while ago, but finally made it happen.

I only had 9 shooters, but I am fine with that.  I'd rather keep it a bit smaller just to maintain control.

The wind conditions were brutal and the area that we did it in with the canyon and the coolies made it even harder, despite the generous targets.

Only had one arfcomer out, but he was the only one I invited, besides the ol' Pres of the MRPA but he had to do the family thing.

I'd post pics but my phone hasn't allowed me to do it.  Check it out on the Facebook, search for Warhorse Development, my company.  Or email me and I'll send you some photos.  It was pretty dang fun regardless of the wind.

Thanks to the sponsors, Mitchell Supply who donated a $100 gift certificate and a $50 gift certificate and also Grizzly Sports and Auto Sales in Choteau, who donated 22lr ammo and an awesome vest that allows for concealed carry.  Warhorse Development also donated some items which allowed for everyone to walk away with something.

Also thanks to my RO's, my medic, my wife, and my kids for all the help and support!!

I plan on another next month on June 10th or the 17th.  I believe I'm going to cap this one out at around 15.  If you are interested in tying it out shoot me an email and let's get some rounds downrange!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
One of my former Soldiers (Robert H) shot that match and it looked like he had a great time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I must have missed your note about having it, where are you folks shooting, I might be interested, let me know the particulars and the costs if you would please.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Dave,

I'm going to be hosting another match on June 17th.  It will be north of Valier.  I will post a new thread about right now.

Ed,

Robert did a good job with his old 300 win.  But he did bust a bolt in on my 1400 yd target, damnit!  He took second with a 78 out of 178.  The wind was brutal despite the generous targets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top