Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2017 12:59:48 PM EDT
Just got this alert from one my members on a system like this I own.

Missing Girl in Essex area.

http://www.abcfoxmontana.com/story/35364907/flathead-county-searching-for-woman-reported-missing-near-essex
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I heard they found her, but I am a bit perplexed on what really happened, not a lot of details being released that I have seen yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/article/20170510/ARTICLE/170519997

"Following her rescue Wednesday morning, a hiker from Arizona told authorities how she and her dog survived a week lost in the Great Bear Wilderness near Essex.

Flathead County Sheriff Chuck Curry said Madeline Connelly, 25, left her car at the Bear Creek Trailhead around midday last Thursday, May 4. Planning for a day hike, Connelly took no supplies, food or water with her.

According to Curry, Connelly said she got turned around a few hours into the hike and ended up hiking farther into the forest in search of a way out.

Curry said Connelly went six days without food, drinking from streams and sleeping under trees. Connelly told Curry she heard rescue helicopters fly over multiple times during the week but had no way of signaling for help through thick trees.

A Glacier National Park trail crew on Wednesday located Connelly in the Spruce Creek drainage off the east side of the Middle Fork of the Flathead River about 5 miles from her vehicle.

The Two Bear Air rescue helicopter was called in to lift her out from what Curry described as a heavily wooded area.

“She was very, very glad her adventure was over,” Curry said.

Curry said Connelly was in good condition. She was flown to West Glacier to meet her family."

More at link.

Darwin just missed out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top