Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:43:12 PM EDT
Bullock returned House Bill 494, the restaurant carry bill, to the Montana Legislature with an amendatory veto.  His proposed amendment would only allow Montanans to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense while patronizing a restaurant where alcohol is NOT served.  This amendatory veto is the Governor’s attempt to camouflage his continued opposition to the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens, as it is already legal to carry a concealed firearm in a restaurant that does not serve alcohol.

In its original form, HB 494 would have allowed law-abiding Montanans to carry a firearm for self-defense while patronizing a restaurant where alcohol is not the primary item of sale.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#1]
yet again, he shows his true colors
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If Bullock and the other Dems could learn to hold their liquor then they wouldn't have to worry about concealed carry in businesses that serve alcohol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would like to see the wording of that limitation changed. I don't think any business location should be off limits by law (if a business owner wants to restrict it, that should be their own decision), simply based on the type of business activity. Instead, the law should state that a concealed (or open) carrier may not order or consume any alcoholic beverages. Why should someone like a designated driver who only drinks soda and water limited?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally, I would like to see the wording of that limitation changed. I don't think any business location should be off limits by law (if a business owner wants to restrict it, that should be their own decision), simply based on the type of business activity. Instead, the law should state that a concealed (or open) carrier may not order or consume any alcoholic beverages. Why should someone like a designated driver who only drinks soda and water limited?
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
For a state that is supposedly so pro gun we sure have a lot of stupid anti-gun laws. Just think, if it wasn't for the Libertarians Steve Bullock would never have been Governor and we would have gotten rid of most of our oppressive anti-gun laws by now. Now we have four more years of dealing with his shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
For a state that is supposedly so pro gun we sure have a lot of stupid anti-gun laws. Just think, if it wasn't for the Libertarians Steve Bullock would never have been Governor and we would have gotten rid of most of our oppressive anti-gun laws by now. Now we have four more years of dealing with his shit.
View Quote
+1.   Libertarians would have ALOT more "Liberty" (except for legalized drug use) if they voted for the Republicans.

Just hope the Libertarians don't elect Quist.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can buy that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top