Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 12:42:56 PM EDT
Any ranchers out there in need of liquidating some varmints?  I just got a CZ 455 that I would like to play with.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Hahahaha, I was expecting a request for a gunsmith recommendation, from reading the title. You got me, but good!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
well, I'm not going to give up my honey holes...but I have never been turned down by a single rancher or farmer up in the Shelby / Cut Bank area.

What area are you looking for specifically?

Which 455 did you get?

my 455's have gotten out and eaten a couple times this year...the vermin is stirring
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The Hutterite colonies are always a good place to start. Lots of land, and they generally have no opposition to letting others take care of nuisance animals for them.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Got the American in .22LR and added the .17HMR barrel.

I would like to have the .22 barrel cut and threaded for a suppressor if anyone can point me to a respectable smith for that
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
where are located?

There are couple places around Kalispell...if you're not in the valley, there is likely somebody in your neighborhood...
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would like to have the .22 barrel cut and threaded for a suppressor if anyone can point me to a respectable smith for that
View Quote
Lon at Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls is probably the closest one I can recommend. His number is different from the storefront, it's 799-8181.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the Bitterroots but don't mind a drive for quality.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Dennis Olson in Plains is way high quality - not the cheapest.

there are probably some dudes closer to you - got to be some in Missoula, I'm sure.

I have a dude in the Flathead - Firearms Machining Service - he's threaded all my CZ455 barrels for me - $60 a whack.  He's done a good job on all my rimfires, but a buddy had a less stellar experience with a centerfire action with him.

I've never gone that way to shoot gophers, but I know there are some good fields down there by Drummond area - a bit less of a drive for you.

Also, make sure you get that .17HMR barrel threaded - there is nothing finer in this world for gopher work than a suppressed .17HMR.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hi RedRam,

Why not give Dan Coffin a call?
He's in Victor, I have had him cut & thread 4 of my barrels...he does custom brakes and understands what 'concentricity' means.

Our shop recommends him to our customers for rifle work, great guy and easy to work with.

Keep The High Ground,

G
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dennis Olson in Plains is way high quality - not the cheapest.
View Quote
I had Dennis build a rifle for me last year and he did a real nice job.

My .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top