Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 11:09:01 PM EDT
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/02/dean-weingarten/montana-governor-set-torpedo-constitutional-carry-third-time-unlucky/                    Dean Weingarten
February 17, 2017  18 comments

Montana has “permitless” or Constitutional Carry for areas outside of city and town limits, which accounts for more than 99 percent of the state. Bills to extend Constitutional Carry to the entire state have passed the legislature three times.

The first time was in 2011. (((Democrat ))) Governor Brian Schweitzer vetoed HB 271, and the legislature was not able to override the veto. The second time was in 2015. Democrat Governor Steve Bullock vetoed HB 298. The third time happened on February 15, 2017. The Senate passed HB 262, which will now go to Governor Bullock again.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucker needs to do his job and sign the bill.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've received a few emails while this was in legislature, asking me to contact my representatives to vote for it. I replied to every one of them saying that I'm not worried about how they vote, but I already know the governor will veto it - AGAIN.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The Governor of NH is set to sign the same thing today. Steve Bullock is nothing but a leftist hack.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:11:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Only thing good about Bullock, is we won't have to put up with him anymore once this term is up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only thing good about Bullock, is we won't have to put up with him anymore once this term is up.
View Quote

Not to worry,I am sure our states newest residents in Kalispel,Missoula and Bozeman will help find and elect a suitable replacement
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#6]
https://bearingarms.com/ba-staff/2017/02/24/montana-governor-vetoes-gun-bills/

Posted at 6:45 am on February 24, 2017 by BearingArms.com Staff

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — Montana Gov. Steve Bullock vetoed his first two bills of the legislative session on Thursday, one that would have allowed guns in post offices and another that would have eliminated the need for concealed weapons permits.

Both gun bills passed by wide margins in the Republican-dominated Legislature, and are among several proposals to loosen gun restrictions in Montana this legislative session.

The bill by Rep. Randy Brodehl, R-Kalispell, would have allowed anybody to carry a weapon into post offices across the state. The Democratic governor said in his veto letter that the measure violates constitutional provisions that give Congress the right to make rules regarding federal property.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately I know far too many good conservatives who completely bought into the smear campaign waged against his opponent before the election. We were so close.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunately I know far too many good conservatives who completely bought into the smear campaign waged against his opponent before the election. We were so close.
View Quote

Hook, line, and sinker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top