Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2017 9:45:32 PM EDT
Rather than dragging up the old thread, I will just start a new one instead.

This is for Helena, as I found out the other day that Northern Energy has been going out and doing bulk fills for over $3 per gallon.  I just got a fill last week from Montana Propane, and it was $1.58..

Anyone else care to post in?  Will need to make darn sure when looking for the new place if the tank is not owned, who is it leased from. Northern Energy may just kill a deal for me unless I can figure out a way to either buy the tank, or get them to come and remove it.  Possible?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what the terms of the lease are but it looks like you could still get out of it if needed. Early termination fees of $150, hazmat fees, etc. found here...

http://www.northernenergy.com/SiteCollectionImages/TermsAndConditions.pdf
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I could see them stacking fee on fee.  I find it interesting that you have to notify them 30 days before you sell a place.  I also notice that if you do not pay them, and have not signed an agreement, they do not have an agreement.  Once you pay them, you do.  At least how I read it.  I suppose on a house sale I could make it contingent on them having the tank removed :D  Fat chance on that one probably.  Even with all those fees to get them to come take their tank, in a short order you would save that money.  I wonder if they could charge that early termination fee if you have never paid them, so in essence have no contract.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Bringing up this old thread because I received a letter in the mail today as a reminder that Montana Propane will be running their special pricing again. Fill specials begin June 1st and run through August 31st. It does not mention the price but historically it's the best deal going. I'll be calling tomorrow for an August fill.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
When I talked to them last week, $1.23 was what I was told for a bulk fill I believe.  Not as low as last year at this time, but decent enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top