Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 3:47:29 PM EDT
About Montana Gun Manufactures and how we have the highest per capita gun companies in the country.

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/montana-leads-nation-in-gun-companies-per-capita/article_0dc6a84e-4e70-5278-9256-766fe42358b7.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if the 153 licensee count in that article includes federally licensed manufacturers that don't actually make firearms. What I mean is a company like Elite Iron that is required to have an ATF license because they make NFA items, or HSM that is licensed because they manufacture ammunition? Neither of them manufacture a firearm.
Of course, there are others in the State that are involved in "the industry" not required to be licensed, such as Lilja and Jarvis.

It's true that most of them are small custom shops. Although I am a little surprised that they didn't mention Defiance Machine, Cooper, or Shiloh Sharps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I am included and I am not a firearms manufacture, but am a FFL 7/SOT because of the products that my partner in WA and I make, I do very little manufacturing here in Montana, but as a partner in a company that does I have to be licensed, I could build guns if I really wanted to, but the market is saturated with manufactures right now and I don't believe I could bring anything new to the table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top