Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2016 11:05:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Staying Home. Staying warm. Having a few Christmas Beers. Loading some Christmas ammo. Maybe shooting some Christmas waterfowl. Maybe head to My sisters house with my Fiance for some good Food on Christmas day.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Staying here for Christmas, we may drive up to Banff and Calgary after Christmas. I have the better part of 2 weeks off. I suspect going coyote hunting and shooting at 17 mile will take place a couple of times.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll be home.  Hope to get out and chase waterfowl a bit.  

No real plans other than that.

I keep thinking about hunting 'yotes, but I haven't really pursued it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Nine days in guatemala.
with wife, dad, stepmom.
at least it will be warmer than here.
i should probably find out what they drink down there
because i'm probably going to need a LOT of it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Driving the wife and kiddo down to Hamilton to see the in-laws depending on the weather. Lucked out and got the 24-26th off this year due to normal Day off rotations. First Christmas of in 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Staying here at home with the dogs and cat. Perhaps go do some backcountry telemark or XC skiing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm staying home and cooking like I do every year.  Got a mix of family and friends who come over and enjoy the feast.   I like doing this and it's still keeping with our family tradition for the kids.  I don't like to upset the apple cart on them since that is one of the roughest day of the year.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Just gonna stay at home with the Mrs. and the youngest daughter that just got married will be coming over since her new hubby got deployed with MANG in Nov. The other daughter and grandkids will be spending Christmas with the her hubby's family this year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Going out of town to help a lady friend in CO to get through two eye operations until just into the first of the year.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#10]
After a Christmas Eve as big sisters with all the trimmings and a tree that usually takes 4 hours to get through, will leave cookies and chilled milk out, set up the FLIR and camera again (Santa photos are worth a fortune!), say our prayers, have visions of sugarplums dance in our heads, sleep in, get up to fresh coffee, have a quiet Christmas Day at home with 6, invite an older bro with no local family out here in the country.

Merry Christmas to you neighbors!
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 4:39:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Like MAX, I'll be working. The opposite of Mac341, I guess it's my turn to work. I've had the holiday off for at least the last five years. I'm sending the wife and kids away to be with family, as there's no point in asking them to stay home if I'm at work, anyway.

Quoted:
Nine days in guatemala.
with wife, dad, stepmom.
at least it will be warmer than here.
i should probably find out what they drink down there
because i'm probably going to need a LOT of it.
View Quote

Funny story, I talked to a Central American a month or so ago. I don't remember if he was Guatemalan or one of the others around there, but his comment about the tourists in the bars was that no one drinks like Americans. He said, you can always tell who they are, because they're the only ones drinking straight hard liquor. While all the locals are sipping beer or light cocktails, the Americans are pounding Tequila or Rum as if they're trying to kill themselves.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Well if the weather don't go wacko, I get to go back to Portland for the holidays to spend with my inlaws and step kids, unfortunately after losing Dad last year I am the last of two people in my family left, so the rest of my years I get to deal with the inlaws!

There will be large amounts of Whiskey consumed I am sure!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top