Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 1:45:39 PM EDT
Can anyone recommend or know a good gunsmith in the Shelby area or close by? I have an Romy AK that needs to be refinished.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sent you an email.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#2]
When you say "refinish" I assume you mean restoring the original finish?

Avoid GKC in Shelby for work on your stuff. Really nice guy who provides about the cheapest transfers around, but a little too sure of himself when it comes to actually doing work on your babies.
I've seen a very nice looking CeraKote job done by Point Blank Sales in Sunburst. I don't know if he does bluing or wood finishing, though.
There's G Man Gunsmithing north of Cut Bank. I have never seen any of his work, but at least haven't heard anything bad.

The closest gunsmith that I can actually recommend operates out of Highwood Creek Outfitters in Great Falls. His name is Lon. He's a straight up, honest guy. I've seen him turn away a few suckers that could have easily been swindled, while I was shooting the breeze with him. Bring your checkbook or cash, though, because they charge extra for plastic processing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top