Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2016 8:14:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it was my call so Ill tell you.

Vendor was messing with 3006 bolt gun on his lap, pulls trigger for some reason, round hits cement floor. Guy looking at items on next table gets hit with shrapnel, 10 yr old girl behind him gets hit with copper jacket pieces and cement shrapnel,  her dad gets hit the same.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Also glad there wasn't more serious injuries. It's amazing that the firearm wasn't cleared in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll wear armor and a helmet when I go today.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also glad there wasn't more serious injuries. It's amazing that the firearm wasn't cleared in the first place.
View Quote

This is what amazes me, I can't believe they didn't clear it, here in the Flathead even the dealers have to secure their guns with a zip tie through the gun to prevent this type of thing happening.

Like you, I am glad it was not worse, an .06 bullet banging around off a cement floor is really dangerous and can travel a long ways!
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:06:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well it was my call so Ill tell you.

Vendor was messing with 3006 bolt gun on his lap, pulls trigger for some reason, round hits cement floor. Guy looking at items on next table gets hit with shrapnel, 10 yr old girl behind him gets hit with copper jacket pieces and cement shrapnel,  her dad gets hit the same.
View Quote

Thanks for the first hand info. Saw that article and was curious to the caliber etc. Glad everyone is relatively whole. Damn it'd be hard not to want to kick the vendor's teeth in if you were the dad.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Some serious luck going on there, for things not to have turned out worse.

I can't believe this is allowed to happen, when most shows make even permit carrying armed citizens zip tie their carry pieces to get in.

On the other hand, I'll bet that dude feels like the lowest POS on the planet for a while, though. I certainly wouldn't want to be him talking to his insurance agent, either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top