Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2016 9:38:37 PM EDT
Is it a reputable company?
I got a pistol from them through buds and it looks like it might have been shot a few more rounds than what I would think.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Might be Red Rock Sports in Miles City???
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Big Rock distributes to other dealers, one of them being my employer Selway Armory. Here's the thing about new firearms, some get test fired or sighted in with two rounds, others take 20. Or more. A rifle with no sights? Function test with a shot or two. Need to adjust a handgun's sights? That could take more than a few rounds. Manufacturers aren't going to clean every/any gun they sell, they know it's new. Their warranty says it works or they'll fix it. It doesn't say they'll clean it after making sure it works. Maybe they had to put in a new spring, new extractor, whatever, to make sure it functioned 100%. It has 30 rounds down the barrel? Brass marks on the bolt face? Functions 100%? Send it out.

We get calls every now and again accusing us of selling a used gun as new. Or somehow spending our weekends taking our merchandise out for a test run. If only.

Call Buds if you think it's used, but I'd say clean it and go shoot it. You can spend 4-6 weeks having it exchanged for another one. Why not spend that month shooting?

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting. How many rounds did they say it had through it?
View Quote

They didn't. It came with two fired cases.

I was thinking 8/a magazine.

Is having a gun they had to shoot 87 times going to be worse than one they only had to shoot 2?

judging by the hammer and chamber wear they had to have shot it more than 2-8 times. 30 rounds? maybe. But I don't really want a gun that had to have a ton of work done before it "passed".
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got a pistol from them through buds and it looks like it might have been shot a few more rounds than what I would think.

View Quote

Big rick sports use to be MT sports.  It's a wholesale sporting goods ware house so they get all firearms from factory.  I worked for them for 9 years.  They don't deal in used rifles.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Big rick sports use to be MT sports.  It's a wholesale sporting goods ware house so they get all firearms from factory.  I worked for them for 9 years.  They don't deal in used rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

got it. I guess they just shot it a 'few' times at the factory.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hear ya. How does it shoot for you? Did you get a deal on it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't. It came with two fired cases.

I was thinking 8/a magazine.

Is having a gun they had to shoot 87 times going to be worse than one they only had to shoot 2?

judging by the hammer and chamber wear they had to have shot it more than 2-8 times. 30 rounds? maybe. But I don't really want a gun that had to have a ton of work done before it "passed".

I hear ya. How does it shoot for you? Did you get a deal on it?

Haven't shot it yet, and I didn't get a deal. Less than GB, but that's about it. It was $667.

Fair price I guess.

RIA pro ultra match .45 5"
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top