Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/5/2014 8:27:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll propose this,

Because no one talks here. .

Or maybe just something like his,

Curious what some serious proposals will be.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the sentiment I think we're after
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested.  Of course I have no idea what it would look like.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like you're shooting a bison with a EOTech sight.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just thinking out loud here.  Perhaps the Montana state flag and the bfl would outline the center of the flags image of the mountain/miner, etc...

Come on now, we need to have some sort of artistic person from Montana on ARF.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd be down for one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Our state mammal is the grizzly bear.  That could be used in a cool design.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I would be interested in one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Humm.....

State outline as the patch with a grizzly bear (like the WY patch) and bfl?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our state mammal is the grizzly bear.  That could be used in a cool design.

Humm.....

State outline as the patch with a grizzly bear (like the WY patch) and bfl?

That could be cool.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]
On second thought.. California is fond of the grizzly bear as a symbol too, I wouldn't want to even risk any confusion.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On second thought.. California is fond of the grizzly bear as a symbol too, I wouldn't want to even risk any confusion.
View Quote

Very good point!!!  Bear is out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm liking the simple is better ideas.. outline of state in one color, background in lighter color, BFL in outline color.  Like dark grey, light grey, dark grey or FDE, coyote, FDE.  I dunno.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Id get one. I can't draw for shit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm liking the simple is better ideas.. outline of state in one color, background in lighter color, BFL in outline color.  Like dark grey, light grey, dark grey or FDE, coyote, FDE.  I dunno.
View Quote

I agree.  The colors should be subdued.  Now if someone could just come up with a design.  Maybe we should commission GD for assistance?  There are quite a few artistic people on arf as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Let me see who made the WY one and if they could make up a couple samples for us.
View Quote

What's the screen name of the art teacher in Wyoming?  He has the buffalo painting as his avatar and does taxidermy threads on GD.

He is the guy we want.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

guns762

I didnt know he was an art teacher?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me see who made the WY one and if they could make up a couple samples for us.

What's the screen name of the art teacher in Wyoming?  He has the buffalo painting as his avatar and does taxidermy threads on GD.

He is the guy we want.

guns762

I didnt know he was an art teacher?

Yep, that's him.  He is a high school art teacher in Wyoming, I  am confident of it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#24]

I'm interested...I like the state/bfl idea with contrasting shades of similar color.

My $0.02

p.s. I'm as un-artistic as it gets.

G

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm in!

I'm not the artsy guy, though!
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs some 3-7-77 on it...
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I had to look that up. Learn something new every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're shitting me, it's on every HyPo car in the State.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes. I suggest a skull and crossbones inside or on top of a BFL with 3-7-77 underneath.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
State outline in Black, interior color OD, Black BFL with 3-7-77 in Black right under it.  Clean and simple.  My .02.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
State outline in Black, interior color OD, Black BFL with 3-7-77 in Black right under it.  Clean and simple.  My .02.
View Quote

Agreed.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol. Yeah I know.....

I Remember seeing it but I've never looked up the meaning. Figured it was the inception date of the hp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're shitting me, it's on every HyPo car in the State.

Lol. Yeah I know.....

I Remember seeing it but I've never looked up the meaning. Figured it was the inception date of the hp.

OFFS!

Editing for clarity, cuz I just gots to know TTM... Did you think that the HP was formed really early in 1877 or really late in 1977!?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I'm diggin' it.  Though I don't think the black against OD would contrast very well...  I don't mind subdued either, but if the BFL were in white- it would pop IMO.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking about this idea earlier today...my MS Paint-fu sucks.

I was thinking same as above but with BFL (in black) centered inside the borders of the state.

"3-7-77" text would be centered and outside of southern border (similar to location of MSP's uniform patch)

The only other thing I was thinking was font style should be military stencil.

Was also contemplating a "GET LOST" text above the northern state border.

Keep The High Ground,

G

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#37]
My daughter helped me out with this...just an idea to throw into the mix as described above in my previous post.

Just a black & white concept design for now.

" />

What do you guys think?

G

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My daughter helped me out with this...just an idea to throw into the mix as described above in my previous post.

http://<a href=http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s631/Giovanni_C4/Arfcom_zpsd50e8ddc.jpg</a>" />

What do you guys think?

G

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks good! !
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:03:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://<a href=http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s631/Giovanni_C4/Arfcom_zpsd50e8ddc.jpg</a>" />

What do you guys think?

G

Well done G, but personally I'd like to see the 3-7-77 inside the state outline.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes I helped Subcanis with the WY patch it was pretty simple and they mostly knew what they wanted already.

I'll help however I can. I'd appreciate a patch of my own for reimbursement for firing up my pixel generator. Also anything cool from Montana would be a plus.

Now here's something you guys may run into as a problem with the state outline. They will need to be custom cut and that may or may not drive the price up depending on how many you get made. Most flag patches or whatever are 2"x3" or 2"x3.5", using a default size is probably going to be the best route. Even making a simple shape like a circle or triangle would probably not drive the cost up much if any. Also these patches can get into some decent detail with fonts and whatnot but nothing too crazy.

Anyhow, I'll kick it off with this that I threw together. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas and whatnot.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thanks for popping in. Im sure we can get you hooked up one way or another.

I like that design. Simple
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes I helped Subcanis with the WY patch it was pretty simple and they mostly knew what they wanted already.

I'll help however I can. I'd appreciate a patch of my own for reimbursement for firing up my pixel generator. Also anything cool from Montana would be a plus.

Now here's something you guys may run into as a problem with the state outline. They will need to be custom cut and that may or may not drive the price up depending on how many you get made. Most flag patches or whatever are 2"x3" or 2"x3.5", using a default size is probably going to be the best route. Even making a simple shape like a circle or triangle would probably not drive the cost up much if any. Also these patches can get into some decent detail with fonts and whatnot but nothing too crazy.

Anyhow, I'll kick it off with this that I threw together. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for ideas and whatnot.

http://i.imgur.com/bpuoNlB.png

Thanks for popping in. Im sure we can get you hooked up one way or another.

I like that design. Simple

2nd
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks!  

I would move that the "MT" be dropped.  It seems redundant to me with the outline of the state of Montana being a focal point of the badge.

Initially I thought it preferable to have the "3-7-77" inside the borderline of the state's outline;  but I think it could get crowded and if the lettering can be larger font, I like it as illustrated here.  My .02.

What's everyone's take on the size of the BFL?  I think its large size allows focus well being border-to-border as illustrated here...

Sly

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thanks!  

I would move that the "MT" be dropped.  It seems redundant to me with the outline of the state of Montana being a focal point of the badge.

Initially I thought it preferable to have the "3-7-77" inside the borderline of the state's outline;  but I think it could get crowded and if the lettering can be larger font, I like it as illustrated here.  My .02.

What's everyone's take on the size of the BFL?  I think its large size allows focus well being border-to-border as illustrated here...

Sly

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  

Sly

Second that motion and add the "Get Lost" somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

If I'm following the bouncy ball here, that addresses if we want the patch itself to take on the shape of the state's outline instead of being a rectangular patch with the outline stitched on the rectangle?  I personal favor a simple rectangular patch as it then covers the entirety of a Velcro panel rather than having stray hook or loop Velcro where a custom cut patch doesn't cover the panel. IMO, YMMV, and FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  

Sly

I'm not sold on the "Get Lost" just yet.  (Crowding) Also, I think it may be TM'd?  Anyway, I'm not dead set against it.  If it's possible/preferred I'd suggest maybe "GET" in the upper LH corner of the state and "LOST" in the Lower RH. Just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I AM IN!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I agree.  The patch should be rectangular, I think we should drop the "MT", and just leave the 3-7-77 on the bottom.

This is nice,  clean, and simple.  Of course, somebody might have an even better idea, so what does everyone think.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I am a touch familiar with copyright laws. I don't think you can copyright the words "Get Lost"

I ran into that with my Tabpul. I could consider the actual text part of the 2D artwork, but you can't actually copyright fonts or text. Kinda like how Coca-Cola uses LokiCola font but they changed one of the "Cs" enough to where it is their actual 2D artwork. LokiCola font is free to use by anyone.

Anyhow here are a few more.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top