Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2017 5:51:31 PM EDT
The last time I was in New Orleans was shortly after the WWII museum opened and I am looking to take my fiance there next weekend. I am from Washington Parish so know of how shitty and bad New Orleans is but it has been many years since I was there and do not now of the places to go and not to go any longer. Any suggestions besides staying out of 9th ward? I planned on going to the Oyster fest and taking my fiance to Cafe Du Monde, Bourbon Street, Jackson Square and the house of blues. How is parking in this area during the weekend with the festival going on?

Ill be coming out of GA and carrying the entire time down there. From what Ive read, and to clarify, I can NOT carry into any place that serves alcohol, correct?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You cannot carry in a bar. You can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. The BAC level for those carrying is lower than for those not carrying for an enforcement stop.

There are many places to park near Woldenberg Park, but you might want to get there early. If you are staying in a hotel near a streetcar line, leave the car at the hotel and take the streetcar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top