Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2017 8:41:19 AM EDT
Let's see if it gets defeated in committee again this time.

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/BillInfo.aspx?i=231421
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't see it happening, I'm still hopeful it will at some point. Our concealed permit process is full of fuck, and I refuse to give them the money on principal.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to be a nay sayer.   But I don’t see it going any wear.    Just like the last times the cry babies got there way and it died in comity.   We got to fight the state police and the sheriffs associations or whatever you want to call them.   you got to remember the fees, monies paid for permit goes into the state police coffers.

Wolf
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't see it happening, I'm still hopeful it will at some point. Our concealed permit process is full of fuck, and I refuse to give them the money on principal.
View Quote
This.  Shouldn't need a damn "permit" to exercise my rights.  I believe the revenue they get goes into a slush fund they can use for whatever.

Hope it passes.  Miss and now Alabama have CC.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
We need Nolocontendre or someone like him to help push this through.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The bill is to be heard in committee on Weds. May 10.

http://legis.la.gov/archive/2017/hsecj0510.pdf

Anyone gonna go?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I could but I'm stuck on twelve hour night shifts.  I'm cautiously optimistic this might pass now that Mississippi has done it.  Last I heard Alabama had passed it through the house.  Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#7]
DEAD

Oh well, I'll continue to manage my affairs as I see fit, like always.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn

Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess we will be the last state to get Constitutional Carry, well you know how Louisiana is.

Wolf
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks, but I'm not surprised.  Hell, I'd settle for streamlining the permit renewal process.  There is NO reason you should have to do all that bullshit every time you renew.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top