Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2017 11:37:42 AM EDT
Saw this video posted on a Facebook feed.    Just posted on Jan 30th but unsure of when this incident took place.  One of the employees mentioned happy New Year to the LEO so may have been in early Jan.    Any of you guys in LA or NO area wanna chime in?   No more information posted on Youtube.

My imbed FU is weak.

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of WTF. Cop was an asshole...also, places the gun by the guy and turns his back to grab his paperwork from the back seat.

If the store wasn't posted and no employees asked him to leave, I don't know what law he would have broken. Even the manager saying that the other store is posted wouldn't mean anything.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That happened in '11 or '12.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you recall what the end result was?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you recall what the end result was?
View Quote

Yep.  The guy was sent on his way, and his lawsuit against Wade and the city, and Whole Foods, went nowhere.  Then again, the court was able to see the whole video from the store, and hear the testimony of a store employee who asked him to leave, and who he refused to obey since that employee wasn't the manager.

Frankly, had the guy not been a dick to the employee, and to Wade, it would have gone even smoother, given how pro 2nd Amendment Wade is.  But being a dick and waving a camera phone in someone's face does tend to put folks off a tad.  Heck, had the guy not been a Mason, Wade might have arrested him (as he legally could have after the initial refusal to leave.)  Given the lawsuit after the break he got, he is unlikely to get the same consideration from any other fellow Masons he encounters in similar circumstances.

Something to think on when you view youtube videos----you're only seeing what the poster of the video wanted to post.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the "rest of the story"
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.  The guy was sent on his way, and his lawsuit against Wade and the city, and Whole Foods, went nowhere.  Then again, the court was able to see the whole video from the store, and hear the testimony of a store employee who asked him to leave, and who he refused to obey since that employee wasn't the manager.

Frankly, had the guy not been a dick to the employee, and to Wade, it would have gone even smoother, given how pro 2nd Amendment Wade is.  But being a dick and waving a camera phone in someone's face does tend to put folks off a tad.  Heck, had the guy not been a Mason, Wade might have arrested him (as he legally could have after the initial refusal to leave.)  Given the lawsuit after the break he got, he is unlikely to get the same consideration from any other fellow Masons he encounters in similar circumstances.

Something to think on when you view youtube videos----you're only seeing what the poster of the video wanted to post.
View Quote
That he was asked to leave by an employee (any employee) changes things greatly; certainly trespass at that point.

I based my original reaction on the fact that in the video he said no one asked him to leave and I didn't hear that challenged, even by the manager who walked out with them, unless I missed something (entirely possible). 
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
^^^I feel the same.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure cops get frustrated dealing with those situations, but the second he made it about himself (by saying he's the ONLY one allowed to carry in this store) and took on the entitlement role, I lost all respect for him.

Did the guy resist? The cop came up behind him and grabbed him without verbally addressing him first? And he pulled the I've been a copy for 25 years and you ain't gonna get the drop on me. He's insinuating at that point that the guy was hostile when it sounds like he wasn't. I'm sure it would have been a shoot out if the guy wasn't cooperating.

Not trying to bash cops, I 100% back the blue and have gotten into many heated arguments defending their position. I understand they have to be ready to engage in any situation that may seem friendly, knowing things can turn to shit when you least expect it. But I feel the cop should have enough discipline after 20+ years to not make statements after he's got the guys gun that he was not going to let him get the drop on him. That just sounds rookie and unprofessional. I know a lot of New Orleans people are vocal and talk with their hands, but the cops body language is telling that his adrenaline is elevated and he's progressively taking the conversation and situation as a hostile one.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the rest of the story. The open carrier being asked to leave changes my whole view of things, except for the cop being a total douche nozzle. Not to bash a man that puts his life on the line and protects us, but he made multiple cocky asshole statements that a professional officer should not.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for the rest of the story. The open carrier being asked to leave changes my whole view of things, except for the cop being a total douche nozzle. Not to bash a man that puts his life on the line and protects us, but he made multiple cocky asshole statements that a professional officer should not.
View Quote

Meh, Wade would come off as brash saying he loved you.  But listen again, and again note that you will see and hear nothing the guy posting to youtube did not want you to.  His frustration is because he was trying his hardest (and he will not again after this, he will arrest,) to cut the guy a break and talk to him Mason to Mason without the obnoxious camera waving.  The guy wouldn't take the hint and chill out enough to get the WF manager to go back inside, and Wade just got a little out of joint, while still giving a break he didn't have to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top