Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 3:37:11 PM EDT
Right off the interstate.  Was it Bergeron?  I'll be driving thru tomorrow and don't want to miss out.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Best stop in Scott,  ~1/2 mil north of I-10
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Scott, LA is next to Lafayette on the west side. It is the best place to stop for meat. They make it very
convenient since they are close to I-10. There is only one interstate exit at Scott.
Personally I like The Best Stop and Don's Specialty Meats.

North of the interstate at the Scott exit is a place on the left side of the road called The Best Stop.
Best Stop website

South of the interstate at the Scott exit are two different places to shop. Billy's and Don's Specialty Meats.
Billy's Boudin and Cracklins
Don's Specialty Meats

Also check out BoudinLink to look at all the other meat markets around the Acadiana area. Give
yourself a long weekend and come back and ride the Boudin Trail. Did I mention we have some great
Heart Hospitals here in Lafayette in case you need a catheter or stent put in after enjoying all the good food.
BoudinLink website
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys are .    My wife was born in NO and raised in Natchitoches.  So we spent a second night in Natchitoches and will be hitting the places in Scott today.    My cholesterol level was good, before I got to LA.  

Approaching the autumn of my life, I am too close to the end to deny myself the awesome foods here.   I shall eat my way south.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I must add, the people in Louisiana are by far the coolest and friendliest people I meet on my trips from CO to FL.  

Time for the morning loadout.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I must add, the people in Louisiana are by far the coolest and friendliest people I meet on my trips from CO to FL.  

Time for the morning loadout.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG-0054-121827.JPG
View Quote

Good looking dog.  Looks like he wants to go with...
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, made it to fish camp in Clearwater Fl fine, and with a cooler full of tasty stuff.  Having a stuffed pork roast tonight.

That was a long freaking drive. 2300 miles with 2 dogs,2 cats and 1 mean wife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top