Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2016 12:31:15 AM EDT
GF wanted to go for her bday.  This is our third trip in the last year and a half.  I've lived 4+ hours away since 2003 (Destin) and never went until last year.  (Ex wife was a bitch)

Over the last year and a half I have realized what I'm sure y'all already knew.  There is no better food city in the USofA than NOLA.  

We seriously have not had a bad meal.

Actually, we haven't had a meal that wasn't spectacular.

These are the highlights of these three trips:

Cochon Butcher
Lilette
Stanley's
R'Evolution
Domenica
Brennan's
August
Parkway
Central Grocery

THANK Y'ALL!!

Im convinced we could go twice a year for the next 30 years and not eat at the same place and not have a bad meal.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]
AND you got to get the full NOLA experience and witness a shooting!

Glad you enjoyed yourself.  My wife and I try to make a weekend stay once a year to hit the restaurants.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AND you got to get the full NOLA experience and witness a shooting!

Glad you enjoyed yourself.  My wife and I try to make a weekend stay once a year to hit the restaurants.
View Quote

Yes I did!

We went to the Saints' Falcons Thursday game last year.  Walking back from the dome to the quarter we saw a shirtless meth head on a bicycle threatening to kill a dude who was walking just in front of us (for no apparent reason).  Meth heads GF/companion/concubine was egging him on the whole time just like Sarah Silverman in Way of the Gun.  It was funny but we didn't stick around to see what happened.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AND you got to get the full NOLA experience and witness a shooting! .
View Quote
My wife and I were in Fat Cats on Bourbon when it happened about 3 doors down.  The crowd started running past the bar and security locked us in.  The band kept on playing.

When things calmed down we made our way north a few hundred feet and stopped in Rue St. Louis for about an hour.  Their security guy was listening to the police radio.  Based on descriptions they knew both the shooter and the shootee.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Shaya (definitely need reservations well in advance) and/or Doris Metropolitan next time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top