Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2017 10:22:24 PM EDT
On April 29, 2017 I will be teaching a Pistol Development (Level II) Course in Desoto County.

I will be offering free slots in the course to members of the Hometown Forum.

To qualify- Please send an email to [email protected] or message me here on the forum. I will need your name as well as your screen name.

On April 15, 2017 I will randomly select Hometown Forum members for the slots.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
IM sent
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay I have responded to everyone so far I think.

If you haven't received an email or IM response, please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Zombievt and Jeep450 have mail.

If they cannot attend, I will go to the next name on the list.

Thanks to all who participated. In the future, I plan on giving away at least one slot to all of my open enrollment courses to HTF members.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet

I'm in
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you! Of course I'm in.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I just stop by to heckle and steal ideas?  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can I just stop by to heckle and steal ideas?  
View Quote
Heckling of instructors is strictly forbidden. Heckling of students is highly encouraged.

Any stealing will be done by me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Had a great day at the range. Weather started out nice but got HOT as the day went on. 

We had eight students which gave us a 4/1 student to instructor ratio. This allowed for plenty of individual instruction.

We refreshed basic fundamentals and introduced the concept of efficiency to the draw and reloads. The high quality of the students allowed us to progress at a good rate. 

We finished up the day with accuracy at extended ranges. We were getting hits out to 200 on a full size IPSC.

Thanks to Jeep450 and Zombievt for representing the MS Hometown Forum in the class. They both shot extremely well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had a great day at the range. Weather started out nice but got HOT as the day went on. 

We had eight students which gave us a 4/1 student to instructor ratio. This allowed for plenty of individual instruction.

We refreshed basic fundamentals and introduced the concept of efficiency to the draw and reloads. The high quality of the students allowed us to progress at a good rate. 

We finished up the day with accuracy at extended ranges. We were getting hits out to 200 on a full size IPSC.

Thanks to Jeep450 and Zombievt for representing the MS Hometown Forum in the class. They both shot extremely well.
View Quote
Thanks for giving a couple of slots to the Hometown crew.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a great day. Little hot but great none the less.

We started this morning with some light drills just to get a baseline for everyone.

Between @pig-pin and the second instructor they made sure everyone was safe and comfortable with the drills that was performed.

If you are looking for a "tacticool" instructor this is not the training company you are looking for.

If your looking for someone to teach you correct ways of doing things in a safe manor and actually learn proven tactics, Jason would be a great guy to learn from.  

I would say everyone left better and more informed with quality information than what they came with.

I would also say that his range of knowledge is pretty broad and he would be able to cover most any kind of training you might be looking for.

Nobody there was what I would call a "range nazi" but made sure safety was expected.

His trainer helper was a great guy and well qualified.  

Both guys knew how to talk "to you" and not "at you".

On a side note, if the guy you're getting training from is teaching not to conceal carry a round in the chamber, you need to find a new instructor.  

Great job sir.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking for the viper.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a different guy. I'm the other Jeep guy lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
So, we have the range all to ourselves and we all have AR's ... impromptu rifle shoot after class!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top