Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2017 9:24:46 AM EDT
Just starting a list to see what pops up.

Died in committeeSB2052 Clarify Hunting from Street or Road

Died in committee HB401 Paroled offenders; prohibit automatic arrest and revocation of parole for being near the vicinity of a firearm under certain circumstances

Died in committeeSB2018 Imitation firearms; prohibit.

Died in committeeFirearms; prohibit public funds from being spent on enforcing violation of state laws regarding.

Died in committeeFirearms; prohibit public employers from prohibiting employees from carrying if employee has permit and training endorsement

Died in committeeFirearms; require chief law enforcement officer to certify application unless applicant is prohibited by law.

Died in committeeFirearms; prohibit enforcement of certain federal law relating to.

Died in committeeFirearms prohibition; create cause of action against property owners with.

Died in committee....Looks like cities want to regulate where we can carry Firearms; revise limits placed on counties and municipalities to regulate.

Died in committeeRequire BB guns to be stored the same as firearms

Died in committeeConcealed firearm license; clarify prohibition for mentally incompetent

Died in committeeConcealed firearm carry permit, enhanced; revise qualifications for military members or veterans.

Died in committeeFirearms prohibition; authorize civil liability against any owner who posts written notice.

Died in committeeFederal Firearm, Magazine and Register Ban Enforcement Act; create.

Died in committeeFirearms; prohibit state cooperation with federal effort to ban.

------------------------------------

***Update 02/01/2017***

Only one survived committee

***Update 02/19/2017
It died on calendar

Passed Committee Stun gun; remove the term from the firearms category.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for this.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for this.  
View Quote

Thanks to Nolo because I'm sure he is involved in many of these.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks to Nolo because I'm sure he is involved in many of these.
View Quote

Absolutely!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You know, I haven't in any of these yet,  but I did send my list to my guy. But I have started my first foray into federal legislation with my first draft to be filed.... soon.
View Quote

Oh look!  It's Deadpool the insomniac...

Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Updated
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
So I guess everything goes to committee to die??  
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I guess everything goes to committee to die??  
View Quote

Yep. Spares them the drama of having to cast a vote in session. That being said, sometimes a bill needs to die so it isn't all bad.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#9]
So, no 2A gains in MS this session?  Unbelievable.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep. Spares them the drama of having to cast a vote in session. That being said, sometimes a bill needs to die so it isn't all bad.
View Quote

Good example: Died in committee: Require BB guns to be stored the same as firearms

Ummmm. Exactly what are the Mississippi laws dictating how I must store my firearms?????
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not really surprised. We've had a pretty good run the past few years and knew an off year was coming eventually. Frankly, I expected last year to be an "off" year, but permitless carry went through and that was huge.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good example: Died in committee: Require BB guns to be stored the same as firearms
View Quote

Exactly. HB0731 is another one. Some cities and counties are pissed that they can't make their own regs that supersede the state's. That one needed to die a horrible blistering committee death.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not really surprised. We've had a pretty good run the past few years and knew an off year was coming eventually. Frankly, I expected last year to be an "off" year, but permitless carry went through and that was huge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but with the political winds blowing our nationally, I was hoping for some kind of gain this year.  C'est le vie.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, but with the political winds blowing our nationally, I was hoping for some kind of gain this year.  C'est le vie.
View Quote

Count your blessings.  At least some woman isn't telling your friends something unsavory regarding what your name rhymes with.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, I haven't in any of these yet,  but I did send my list to my guy. But I have started my first foray into federal legislation with my first draft to be filed.... soon.

Which reminds me. I need to mail my ballot off for a certain guy to the NRA
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Stun gun repeal from permit died in committee.
View Quote

Guess they let it sit on the table too long.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top