Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2016 1:18:00 AM EDT
Back in the 70's mom would take me and my buddies out to Kamper Park to play.  The coolest part was being able to climb all over a steam engine (complete with sharp rusty edges), there was a Sherman tank (welded shut) and an open turret self propelled gun.

Are those things still around?  Anyone have pictures?

Back then the zoo was pretty depressing. I always felt bad for the animals.

Anyone go to Oak Grove elementary?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Back in the 70's mom would take me and my buddies out to Kamper Park to play.  The coolest part was being able to climb all over a steam engine (complete with sharp rusty edges), there was a Sherman tank (welded shut) and an open turret self propelled gun.

Are those things still around?  Anyone have pictures?

Back then the zoo was pretty depressing. I always felt bad for the animals.

Anyone go to Oak Grove elementary?

Thanks!

View Quote

I remember those days. That old locomotive would get HOT AS HELL in the summertime.

The Scorpion and the M-47 are both parked down at the Mississippi Armed Forces Museum at Camp Shelby. Don't recall what happened to the old locomotive.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The zoo is very small. But its very nice now. Has a huge splash pad. Took the daughter a few weeks ago

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Just finding my way back to this thread - thanks for the heads up!  The first live tank I was around was an m60 at the county fair. That was awesome.

Anyone remember the shooting game at the pine belt airport? There was a rifle and you had to shoot at the light moving across the screen. How about the battle zone game in sears at the clover leaf mall? I think McCrory's had Asteroids.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The zoo is very small. But its very nice now. Has a huge splash pad. Took the daughter a few weeks ago
View Quote

I took my kids to the sloth experience. Well worth the $40 per head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top