Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/27/2013 4:46:12 PM EDT
SO was in the co-op this afternoon and overheard the counter girls talking about Tate county sheriff's dept. passing out "no firearms" signs to local businesses.

Has anyone heard this rumor??

I'm wondering if this could be true because it was Lance that asked for the opinion from the AGs office.

I'm going to be really pissed if I see these signs all over Tate county and North MS.

I been carrying with an outside holster and not worrying about printing since this new law is coming down, and no one has really noticed.

I hope this is bullshit because I can not believe our sheriff is actively working against us.

Someone please tell me this is not true.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard that but I'll be back in town next week and will check it out.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'm going to go by the co-op and see if they'll confirm what was overheard.  Maybe I'll see some of these signs around town and I'll get a chance to chat with the business owner.

Link Posted: 6/27/2013 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Curiosity got to me so I checked it out.  100% not the sheriff's dept. Might be the city cops.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Appreciate you checking.  It was really bothering me, thinking it was Lance's dept.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#5]
It is Senatobia PD. Signs up at McDonalds and Exxon from what I hear.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, signs going up all over.  I asked the guy at kangaroos, and he said Senatobia PD put the signs up at that location.

I am fairly pissed at the response from local businesses.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Your tax dollars at work....
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 7:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It's ok guys.

The cops will be able to be there to protect us before anything bad happens.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Are they properly worded and do they apply to IC permit holders?

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll  find out tonight.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll  find out tonight.
I'll be honest. Although I don't agree with posting I understand that some people get their living from selling things to sheep that would be scared by open carry. I understand a businessman banning open carry on their private property, but to ban all carry is an automatic no business from me.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll  find out tonight.
I'll be honest. Although I don't agree with posting I understand that some people get their living from selling things to sheep that would be scared by open carry. I understand a businessman banning open carry on their private property, but to ban all carry is an automatic no business from me.

Agreed. I'm ok with a business owner posting the sign. I'll try to shop elsewhere. If the PD has been handing them out without being asked, then I do have a problem with that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's their purdy little sign.

AFAIK enhanced permit holders are exempt from having to abide by the sign.  When I went through the class at DSRP, I was told that you would be trespassing if they asked you to leave and you did not leave immediately (without absolutely no delay whatsoever).  I am talking about concealed only.  Nolo would have to correct me if this is not correct.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#14]
It's really going to be tricky at a gas station. The sign is on the door to the store, but you're outside pumping gas 20+ feet away. Technically you are on the premises.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's really going to be tricky at a gas station. The sign is on the door to the store, but you're outside pumping gas 20+ feet away. Technically you are on the premises.

I agree. We won't be able to open carry at these locations.

If they see one of us printing they can ask us to leave as well.

I think I am going to avoid doing business with anyone sporting these signs.

I wonder if they are assuming liability by asserting their property rights to exclude firearms.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
AFAIK enhanced permit holders are exempt from having to abide by the sign.  When I went through the class at DSRP, I was told that you would be trespassing if they asked you to leave and you did not leave immediately (without absolutely no delay whatsoever).  I am talking about concealed only.  Nolo would have to correct me if this is not correct.

It's been brought up before. Nolo played it safe with his opinion and understandably so. I wouldn't imagine he would incite a case over a forum.
Under the IC law, you would not be guilty of an unlawful concealed carry due to signage with an enhanced permit.

When you look at the trespassing law, it starts to get trickier.
There are a couple of trespassing statutes that might apply.

This seems like the basic trespass law
§ 97-17-85. Trespass; going upon inclosed land of another
  Except as otherwise provided in Section 73-13-103, if any person shall go upon the enclosed land of another without his consent, after having been notified by such person or his agent not to do so, either personally or by published or posted notice, or shall remain on such land after a request by such person or his agent to depart, he shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than Fifty Dollars ($ 50.00) for such offense. The provisions of this section shall apply to land not enclosed where the stock law is in force.

This sounds like a repeat offense, but I'm not 100% clear on that...
§ 97-17-97. Trespass; going into or upon, or remaining in or upon, buildings, premises or lands of another after being forbidden to do so
  (1) Except as otherwise provided in Section 73-13-103, if any person or persons shall without authority of law go into or upon or remain in or upon any building, premises or land of another, including the premises of any public housing authority after having been banned from returning to the premises of the housing authority, whether an individual, a corporation, partnership, or association, or any part, portion or area thereof, after having been forbidden to do so, either orally or in writing including any sign hereinafter mentioned, by any owner, or lessee, or custodian, or other authorized person, or by the administrators of a public housing authority regardless of whether or not having been invited onto the premises of the housing authority by a tenant, or after having been forbidden to do so by such sign or signs posted on, or in such building, premises or land, or part, or portion, or area thereof, at a place or places where such sign or signs may be reasonably seen, such person or persons shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction thereof shall be punished by a fine of not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($ 500.00) or by confinement in the county jail not exceeding six (6) months, or by both such fine and imprisonment.
(2) The provisions of this section are supplementary to the provisions of any other statute of this state.

In my opinion, it would probably take some case law on this to set a precedent. I'm not sure if any has ever been brought up before.
It would probably be up to the court to supply an interpretation of the signage.

The sign doesn't say, "no trespassing". It is merely a condition of entrance. Sort of like, no smoking or no hats. If someone enters with a hat would they be charged with trespassing? I doubt it. But they might try it with a firearm just for the hell of it.

I'm not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Just met with Chief Holts about the signs.

According to the Chief:

His office was flooded with calls from businesses about the law asking how they could keep guns out.
Officers did go around with signs to educate businesses about the the law.
Some officers just dropped them off. Some actually explained that the signs are optional and it was the business owner's choice.
Officers did not explain the law, permits, or enhanced permits.
If a business calls to report someone with a gun in a posted business, the police will come check it out.
If the person has an enhanced permit, they'll tell them to "have a nice day".
If the person has a permit, they'll be asked to leave.
If the person has no permit, they'll probably be asked to leave unless the business owner wants to charge them with trespassing.
It is apparent to him that he needs to go back and address this.
The chief is going to send his officers back around to remind the businesses that the sign is optional and enhanced permit carriers can still carry.

I'm going to follow up next week to see if they've made the rounds.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Good job guys.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good job guys.

We don't have the firepower of Nolo up here, but we try.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 4:38:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Second hand information indicates the police were doing the same in Biloxi.
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Here's something I missed.  On page six http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf there is a legal opinion by Freelan Martz Shull that states even with enhanced carry, we could face trespassing charges at the discretion of business owners (with no firearms signs).

The penalty for said is 500 Dollars and/or 6 months in county jail.

The overwhelming number of businesses posting signs against guns would suggest that charges for trespassing would be brought against gun owners even those with enhanced carry permits.

It seems as though the city of Senatobia is making a statement.

Eta: see #6 in the AG's opinion to Lance, http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/MSAGOpinionOnOpenCarry.pdf
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I've started to see these signs pop up in Hernando.

Pisses me off.

I told Apu at the local stop-n-rob that people have been carrying pistols in his store since he opened. All I got was
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Here's something I missed.  On page six http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf there is a legal opinion by Freelan Martz Shull that states even with enhanced carry, we could face trespassing charges at the discretion of business owners (with no firearms signs).

Eta: see #6 in the AG's opinion to Lance, http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/MSAGOpinionOnOpenCarry.pdf

Considering I am currently in Biloxi I am interested in this process y'all are going through. I read the AG response to Lance and found it interesting they quoted a Georgia Carry.org case on right to carry vs. private property rights. The main difference in the laws of our two States is that in GA no gun signs carry no force of law, but a property owner can ask you to leave. If not you can be charged with trespassing and I find this reasonable. To automatically be charged, as it seems here in MS really sucks and the enhanced permit is kinda weird too, since I'm just here for a few days and can't get an enhanced permit to cover me more and just have a reciprocal CCW license.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Kinda off topic but BP has already lost all my business.  After all the lies and irresponsible actions they have shown I refuse to give BP one red cent.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering I am currently in Biloxi I am interested in this process y'all are going through. I read the AG response to Lance and found it interesting they quoted a Georgia Carry.org case on right to carry vs. private property rights. The main difference in the laws of our two States is that in GA no gun signs carry no force of law, but a property owner can ask you to leave. If not you can be charged with trespassing and I find this reasonable. To automatically be charged, as it seems here in MS really sucks and the enhanced permit is kinda weird too, since I'm just here for a few days and can't get an enhanced permit to cover me more and just have a reciprocal CCW license.

I think it would take our own case law to get a real determination.
I highly doubt you would automatically be charged and convicted. The AG's opinion says "Depending on the facts" and "might constitute".

But I wouldn't put it past a combo of an asshat business owner, an LEO with a certain attitude against open carry and a strong willed patriot to combine into a situation where someone gets arrested.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Time to print up a few of these and start dropping them off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Time to print up a few of these and start dropping them off.

Dang, after listening to the callers on the JT Show today, looks like we need to add this to the back of the card.

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI

Article 3, Section 12. Right to bear arms.

The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#29]
How about that idiot who called in and said it was a "secret law"?    
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How about that idiot who called in and said it was a "secret law"?    

I know. He mentioned Hinds county, I think, so I assumed he was from there, or at least supported banning open carry.

That level of ignorance is what's bringing down the country.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#31]
SO just got back from the beauty shop.  She asked the beauty shop owner if she had gotten a sign from the Senatobia PD.

She told my wife that the Senatobia PD gave her the sign and asked her to put it up.

The beauty shop owner did not know what the sign was about and just put it up on her board in the shop.

My wife thanked her for not putting up the sign in the doorway and explained what the sign meant and how it affects her customers.

Looks like it will be a couple of weeks for economics to reverse what the Senatobia PD has taken it upon themselves to do in this town.

Link Posted: 7/1/2013 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
SO just got back from the beauty shop.  She asked the beauty shop owner if she had gotten a sign from the Senatobia PD.

She told my wife that the Senatobia PD gave her the sign and asked her to put it up.

The beauty shop owner did not know what the sign was about and just put it up on her board in the shop.

My wife thanked her for not putting up the sign in the doorway and explained what the sign meant and how it affects her customers.

Looks like it will be a couple of weeks for economics to reverse what the Senatobia PD has taken it upon themselves to do in this town.

Exxon told me this morning that they would be taking down the sign. I really wish I could get a business owner to go on the record stating that SPD instructed them to hang the sign.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exxon told me this morning that they would be taking down the sign. I really wish I could get a business owner to go on the record stating that SPD instructed them to hang the sign.

Glad to hear.

I don't think SPD instructed people to put up the signs.  Its more like they are scaring people with talk of "all these people are going to come into your business with guns."  Then they ask if they would like a sign to keep the guns out.  That is the impression that my wife got from the beauty shop owner.

I really think that a lot of these signs will come down eventually.  I just wished SPD had not been so proactive with these signs.  I think since it came from SPD, some people may be confused about the fact that the signs were optional, they got scared into putting them up because they did not want guns in their stores, and/or when asked by an authority figure they complied because most people will.

This should not be happening in the great State of Mississippi.

eta:sp
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I just called O'Reilly Autoparts and talked to someone, but not the manager.  Asked him if it was corporate policy to have their sign posted.

He told me it was the manager's idea to put it up.

Told them to let the manager know that Autozone, and Carquest in town do not have the signs banning firearms.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just called O'Reilly Autoparts and talked to someone, but not the manager.  Asked him if it was corporate policy to have their sign posted.

He told me it was the manager's idea to put it up.

Told them to let the manager know that Autozone, and Carquest in town do not have the signs banning firearms.

Crap, I like O'Reillys. Guess I'll go in there tomorrow and find the manager.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know I assumed the store owner near me was BS'ing me when he said he was told he had to put the sign up.  After hearing all these other stories I'm wondering if Pike County Mississippi has been doing the same thing.  

Anyone have any tales from Pike County?
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

SNIP

You know I assumed the store owner near me was BS'ing me when he said he was told he had to put the sign up.  After hearing all these other stories I'm wondering if Pike County Mississippi has been doing the same thing.  

I would not be surprised.  I've read this was discussed in a state wide meeting.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNIP

I would not be surprised.  I've read this was discussed in a state wide meeting.

It was also discussed at some sort of LEO meeting in Desoto county a few weeks ago I'm told.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 6:25:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to give it until the end of the month, then I'm going to send something like the following out to the businesses that still have these signs up.

I want to give myself time to think about what else to put in the letter, and time for business owners to come to their senses.

My major problem with this whole issue is that business owners in my town are coming out against the United States and Mississippi Constitutions.

Here is the first draft: EDIT : This is the actual letter I hand delivered

Dear Business Owner / Manager

Please consider removing your "no firearms" sign from your place of business. I realize that the Senatobia police department may have asked you to place this sign up to keep people with guns from entering your place of business.

I just want to clarify why this has happened and what it may mean for your business and customers.

1.) Clarification of the new law

Please realize that "open carry" or your customers civil right to carry a firearm in public has always been legal.

This civil right is granted to you and your customers by the Mississippi Constitution Article 3, Section 12, "Right to bear arms," and by the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Mississippi Constitution Article 3, Section 12, "Right to bear arms," states, "The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons."

The Mississippi legislature recently passed House Bill 2 to clarify the definition of "concealed carry."

House Bill 2 was necessary to correct the Mississippi Attorney Generals stated opinion that a concealed weapon must be totally concealed at all times.

Because of this opinion people who concealed carry could be arrested for brandishing a firearm if their firearm was accidentally revealed moving from a seated position, while adjusting their coat, etc.

2) What this means for your customers that are armed both openly and concealed

By placing up a "no firearms" sign up, you are asserting your property rights over the civil rights of your customers, and placing armed customers both opened and concealed carry at risk of trespass.

Please see point six in the AG's opinion to Tate County Sheriff Brad Lance, http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/MSAGOpinionOnOpenCarry.pdf that states,

"A private property owner may even prohibit enhanced concealed permit holders from their property."

It goes on to say, "Depending on the facts, violation of a private property owner's prohibition of weapons might constitute a violation of 97-17-97 (trespass after warning), 97-17-93 (entry without permission) or other statute."

This legal opinion is further indicated on page six of this document http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf by Freelan Martz Shull, PLLC that states even with enhanced carry, we could face trespassing charges at your discretion.

I personally do not intend on patronizing a business that displays a "no firearms"  sign.

Please realize that in many cases your competition both here and/or in neighboring towns has elected NOT to put up these signs and will likely attract the customers you will lose.

In closing, I hope you will reconsider your "no firearms" policy and will come out in support of the right to keep and bear arms as provided by the United States and Mississippi Constitutions.

Please consider removing your “no firearms” sign as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

patrick_star
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks good. I'm considering placing an ad in the Democrat stating something to that effect.

I went into O'Reilly's this morning. They told me it was corporate policy, then they finally told me that the sign was faxed to them by Tate county, then they admitted that it came from SPD. Ultimately it turns out that one of the counter guys doesn't want people carrying guns because it makes him nervous. I asked him if I made him nervous in all the other times I was there, he said no, but he's nervous now that he knows I carry a gun.

I told the manager that I wouldn't be back. He said the sign was probably going to come down eventually.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:28:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks good. I'm considering placing an ad in the Democrat stating something to that effect.

I went into O'Reilly's this morning. They told me it was corporate policy, then they finally told me that the sign was faxed to them by Tate county, then they admitted that it came from SPD. Ultimately it turns out that one of the counter guys doesn't want people carrying guns because it makes him nervous. I asked him if I made him nervous in all the other times I was there, he said no, but he's nervous now that he knows I carry a gun.

I told the manager that I wouldn't be back. He said the sign was probably going to come down eventually.

Please let me know when/if you decide to put an ad in the Democrat.  I would like to share that expense with you.

I really think it needs to be put out there what's going on, and what this all means.  After talking to people, they do not seem to know the law/s.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a city hall meeting tonight.  I plan on being there to see what the town leadership is telling the folks.

Link Posted: 7/2/2013 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm going to give it until the end of the month, then I'm going to send something like the following out to the businesses that still have these signs up.

I want to give myself time to think about what else to put in the letter, and time for business owners to come to their senses.

My major problem with this whole issue is that business owners in my town are coming out against the United States and Mississippi Constitutions.

Here is the first draft:

Dear Business Owner / Manager

Please consider removing your "no firearms" sign from your place of business.  I realize that the Senatobia police department may have asked you to place this sign up
to keep people with guns from entering your place of business.

I just want to clarify why this has happened and what it may mean for your business and customers.

1.) Clarification of the new law

Please realize that "open carry" or your customers civil right to carry a firearm in public has always been legal.

This civil right is granted to you and your customers by the Mississippi Constitution Article 3, Section 12, "Right to bear arms," and by the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution.

Mississippi Constitution Article 3, Section 12, "Right to bear arms," states, "The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property,
or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons."

The Mississippi legislature recently passed House Bill 2 to clarify the definition of "concealed carry."

House Bill 2 was necessary to correct the Mississippi Attorney Generals stated opinion that a concealed weapon must be totally concealed at all times.

Because of this opinion people who concealed carry could be arrested for brandishing a firearm if their firearm was accidentally revealed moving from a seated
position, while adjusting their coat, etc.

2) What this means for your customers that are armed both openly and concealed

By placing up a "no firearms" sign up, you are asserting your property rights over the civil rights of your customers, and placing armed customers both opened and concealed carry at risk of trespass.

Please see point six in the AG's opinion to Tate County Sheriff Brad Lance, http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/MSAGOpinionOnOpenCarry.pdf that states,

"A private property owner may even prohibit enhanced concealed permit holders from their property."

It goes on to say, "Depending on the facts, violation of a private property owner's prohibition of weapons might constitute a violation of 97-17-97
(trespass after warning), 97-17-93 (entry without permission) or other statute."

This legal opinion is further indicated on page six of this document http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf by Freelan Martz Shull, PLLC that states even with enhanced carry, we could face trespassing charges at your discretion.

I personally will not enter a business while armed that has a "no firearms" sign posted because I respect the rule of law and I respect your wishes/policy as a business owner.

I am almost always armed.

In closing, I hope you will reconsider your "no firearms" policy and will come out in support of the right to keep and bear arms as provided by the United States and Mississippi Constitutions.

Sincerely,

patrick_star

Looks good.  It seems that the time to start mailing these out is already here though.  I was out of town for less than a week, and came back to the other store by me having a more official looking sign up.  Their sign stated all the trespassing fun and went above and beyond a simple sticker.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looks good.  It seems that the time to start mailing these out is already here though.  I was out of town for less than a week, and came back to the other store by me having a more official looking sign up.  Their sign stated all the trespassing fun and went above and beyond a simple sticker.  

Yes, it probably needs to be done now.  I'm going to go around to today with the letter and some "no firearms = no money" cards.    

Time to get off the shitter and get this done.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it probably needs to be done now.  I'm going to go around to today with the letter and some "no firearms = no money" cards.    

Time to get off the shitter and get this done.

They certainly aren't pulling any punches.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#45]
response from O'reilly's corporate:

miker84,

I have spoken to the store manager Johnny at the Senatobia, Mississippi location and he has informed me that the "No firearms" sign has been taken down.

If we may be any further assistance in the future please give us a call.

Thanks for shopping at O'Reilly Auto Parts,
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Bruce Hartley
Customer Satisfaction Department
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I personally have a problem with my tax money being spent on these signs and the time  spent distributing them.  If the police dont have anything better to.do than hand out signs, its time for a layoff in that department.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I personally have a problem with my tax money being spent on these signs and the time  spent distributing them.  If the police dont have anything better to.do than hand out signs, its time for a layoff in that department.

I think this is being addressed with the State Auditor.  I haven't had time to read the complaint, so I don't know how far reaching the investigation will be if there is one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

miker84,

I have spoken to the store manager Johnny at the Senatobia, Mississippi location and he has informed me that the "No firearms" sign has been taken down.

O'Reilly Auto Parts
Bruce Hartley

Good, I think a lot of these will come down.  I'm going to try and persuade a few today.  Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Celebrations Liquor has the sign, Senatobia Spirits does not. I was told that the SPD did in fact instruct one of those businesses that they had to hang the sign as part of the "new law". Another business owner told me that they were told by SPD that they'd be subject to a potential fine if they didn't post the sign, but I couldn't get them to go on the record with that statement for fear of being hassled.
Link Posted: 7/2/2013 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

miker84,

O'Reilly Auto Parts
Bruce Hartley

Good, I think a lot of these will come down.  I'm going to try and persuade a few today.  Wish me luck.

I'm still working on the first store owner I know.  Sounds like he is going to choose wisely.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top