Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 12:50:41 PM EDT
Since most of us have been snowed in and going to the range sucks in this weather I figured I would post this up.

This was just started today by CDI and it allows you to get a taste of the their training classes. I have found using Simunition in a controlled shoot house is extremely fun and  a great learning experience.

It is this Friday and here is the Registration Link for anyone interested

Disclaimer: I have been a student at this place for a few years but have no financial association with it. I just want the local arfcommers to be aware of it. Please check join date and post count and I will remove if considered shilling.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well dats cool

How much does that crap hurt compared to paintball? I can't imagine getting rocked by simunition from 8ft away feels good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well dats cool

How much does that crap hurt compared to paintball? I can't imagine getting rocked by simunition from 8ft away feels good.
View Quote

It tickles just a bit.
Attachment Attached File

The biggest thing is it gets your anxiety going. You will make stupid mistakes when the lights come on and a threat situation unfolds.

I have seen people back into walls and not shoot, hit the mag release subconsciously, and just stand there like deer in headlights while they are being shot. It is a very humbling experience.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Ouchies, haha.

Have you been to one of these Force Fridays before?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
No, The owner just released this Friday thing today.

I attend the civilian combatives program there and have taken a few of the defensive pistol courses.

It has been an interesting mix of martial arts and weapons training. In combatives we never know what we are going to do when we get there. It could be ground fighting, striking, disarms, cert gun work, sims, ect...

The class is very accommodating and we have from young kids in their early 20's straight through people in their late 60's that have attended. About 1/3 of the ccp class is women also.

It gets me out of the house to learn new skills and is more fun than a dart league.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, The owner just released this Friday thing today.

I attend the civilian combatives program there and have taken a few of the defensive pistol courses.

It has been an interesting mix of martial arts and weapons training. In combatives we never know what we are going to do when we get there. It could be ground fighting, striking, disarms, cert gun work, sims, ect...

The class is very accommodating and we have from young kids in their early 20's straight through people in their late 60's that have attended. About 1/3 of the ccp class is women also.

It gets me out of the house to learn new skills and is more fun than a dart league.
View Quote

Ah cool. Gotcha.

I'm game to try one of these Force Fridays. Let me know if you're planning on going.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Updated first post with registration link.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Signed up. Anyone else going tomorrow?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Wish I could but I work on Friday nights.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I am working on getting there but don't know if the wife will be home in time to watch the kids.

Tip: Park at the Elm St. market basket and when facing the store CDI is on your right on the second floor of the mill building.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't go tonight. I forgot which day it was and then made plans with the GF
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am working on getting there but don't know if the wife will be home in time to watch the kids.

Tip: Park at the Elm St. market basket and when facing the store CDI is on your right on the second floor of the mill building.
View Quote

Copy that.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a great time. I already signed up for the next one. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I am glad you had a good time. I find it a lot more exciting than punching holes in paper.
I am disappointed I missed last night but I will be there for the next one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Could you post a brief recap of how it's run, average skill level, courses of fire/training, etc?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be afraid to give away too much info. When I was there, there was a wide range of skill levels. If you can operate a G17 from a holster and can think on your feet like you should when you carry. You'll be just fine.

Go there with an open mind, ready to learn. Make mistakes in the classroom so you don't make them when it counts.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
No spoilers here.

It starts with some classroom time and then in to the shoot house you go. The staff will change the level of threat depending on your skills.

Just remember when the lights come on you will forget everything you thought you knew .

Colt, did they use the shocknife with you guys?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#18]
One dude pulled it on me. The zapping sound scared me more than anything and got my blood flowing fast.. I got off two rounds on the guy. One hit the floor, the second was on the guy's chest.

Using equipment that I've never trained with and having a mask that blocks some of you view, keeps things interesting.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
That sounds like a gas! Too bad it's way the hell over there 
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#20]
A new month brings a new chance to get shot at.

I am going this Friday and signed up the wife too. Although I was informed by her that is does not count as a date night .

It looks like this months class already has a more signed up than last month. I do expect this class to be very popular as it offers access to some fantastic training gear and scenarios without a high cost.

I hope to see a few of you guys there. Link
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I signed up last night for Friday. I've been the good guy and the bad guy in a variety of sims classes before so it will be interesting to see how much I remember.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
That was a fun night and it was good meeting you guys.
My wife who only went to humor me ended up liking it and we talked about the scenarios the whole way home.
I almost made it through the night unscathed until I caught one in the arm playing barstool duel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:27:33 AM EDT
[#23]
AMC and Colt,

It was good to meet you guys in person.

This was definitely a starter class and case of "the first hit is free, the next one will cost ya." but a good one. I have taken a few force on force classes and have been a bad guy for a few others. I also have the stack of training certs but they are all from a few years ago. The class itself was actually useful and I liked the review at the conclusion of the scenario and being able to watch other peoples run.

What I personally took from the class was my base reactions still include stuff I trained on years ago and I would probably survive this encounter but I am seriously in need of a few tune up classes.

Or how I thought about it on the drive home, My skills are really rusty but at least they are not rusted through.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#24]
If i can get dates a month or so out so i can use them days days off..ill go :)  this whole wheel thing is throwing me for a fuckin loop lol
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If i can get dates a month or so out so i can use them days days off..ill go :)  this whole wheel thing is throwing me for a fuckin loop lol
View Quote
It is the first Friday of each  month. The next date will be 5/5 and check the links above for signup info. The last class was full  as they cap it around 15 participants.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#26]
...and keeping the cost under 40 bucks will keep me coming back. I can't make the May class but I'm already signed up for June.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Very good training!    

#1 Lived, but easily could have been both bad guys and me (good guy) all dead.

#2 This photo is a good representation of me after:

Attachment Attached File

#3 Lived

Paper targets do not move, talk, or shoot back.   Just saying.   If you CCW, do this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top