User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats guys.  Does this do anything for Non-Residents who have a permit to carry in another state?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
As far as the ATV thing goes , Section 3 pretty much lays it out plain and simple. ATV = all terrain VEHICLE . This is a state law that absolutely should encompass f&g law.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats to all NH members.. Great news for sure.
Maine has had it since last October and no blood baths as was predicted.
Enjoy the freedom and let the libs squirm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
"The Map" has been updated.

This puts a smile on my face.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw this another site today on NH carry laws.

Live free or die! Is NH now the least restrictive state for gun laws? It must be in the top five.

• Constitutional carry (open or concealed)
• Legal to carry anywhere except courthouses
• Shall-issue CC license (useful for true state reciprocity and/or federally-allowed school grounds carry)
• Shall-issue CC license only costs $10 and requires no fingerprints or photos
• All NFA is legal
• State preemption over gun laws
• Range protection from civil liability
• No permit/waiting period to purchase
• No gun registration
• No licensing of owners
• Castle doctrine
• Constitutional provision to keep and bear arms (“[a]ll persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.”)
• Constitutional "right of revolution" ("Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.")

The only bad I can think of is that it's unlawful to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in or on any motor vehicle, power boat or airplane. And the following:
"Per state law (RSAs 207:3-a, 207:3-c, and 644:13), you may not shoot across or within 15 feet of a road, or “within 300 feet of a permanently occupied dwelling without permission of the owner or the occupant of the dwelling or from the owner of the land on which the person discharging the firearm or shooting the bow and arrow is situated.”

You also may not discharge a firearm within the “compact part of a town or city,” defined as “the territory within a town or city comprised of the following:
(a) Any nonresidential, commercial building, including, but not limited to, industrial, educational, or medical buildings, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all such buildings without permission of the owner.
(b) Any park, playground, or other outdoor public gathering place designated by the legislative body of the city or town.
(c) Any contiguous area containing 6 or more buildings which are used as either part-time or permanent dwellings and the spaces between them where each such building is within 300 feet of at least one of the others, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all the buildings in such area.”

New Hampshire also has no knife laws which stop law abiding citizens from buying, selling, owning, carrying, possessing, transporting, collecting, or lawfully using any type of knife. Pretty cool.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/new-hampshire/
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats guys.  Does this do anything for Non-Residents who have a permit to carry in another state?
View Quote

NH doesn't care what you have in another state.  They don't even care when you apply here for a non-res.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats NH!

Does this apply to non-residents ?

As in, can a Maine resident without a permit carry concealed in nh now?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Congrats NH!

View Quote

YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO CARRY IN NH.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Congrats NH!

View Quote

You can now travel from Bangor to Bennington, VT with your CCW no matter where you reside as long as you can lawfully own a handgun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You can now travel from Bangor to Bennington, VT with your CCW no matter where you reside as long as you can lawfully own a handgun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congrats NH!

That's what I thought, wanted to clarify for a couple of guys at work that didn't believe me

Congrats again. This is great!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You can now travel from Bangor to Bennington, VT with your CCW OR WITHOUT ANY CCW no matter where you reside as long as you can lawfully own a handgun.
View Quote

Edited.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Saw this another site today on NH carry laws.

Live free or die! Is NH now the least restrictive state for gun laws? It must be in the top five.

• Constitutional carry (open or concealed)
• Legal to carry anywhere except courthouses
• Shall-issue CC license (useful for true state reciprocity and/or federally-allowed school grounds carry)
• Shall-issue CC license only costs $10 and requires no fingerprints or photos
• All NFA is legal
• State preemption over gun laws
• Range protection from civil liability
• No permit/waiting period to purchase
• No gun registration
• No licensing of owners
• Castle doctrine
• Constitutional provision to keep and bear arms (“[a]ll persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.”)
• Constitutional "right of revolution" ("Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.")

The only bad I can think of is that it's unlawful to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in or on any motor vehicle, power boat or airplane. And the following:
"Per state law (RSAs 207:3-a, 207:3-c, and 644:13), you may not shoot across or within 15 feet of a road, or “within 300 feet of a permanently occupied dwelling without permission of the owner or the occupant of the dwelling or from the owner of the land on which the person discharging the firearm or shooting the bow and arrow is situated.”

You also may not discharge a firearm within the “compact part of a town or city,” defined as “the territory within a town or city comprised of the following:
(a) Any nonresidential, commercial building, including, but not limited to, industrial, educational, or medical buildings, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all such buildings without permission of the owner.
(b) Any park, playground, or other outdoor public gathering place designated by the legislative body of the city or town.
(c) Any contiguous area containing 6 or more buildings which are used as either part-time or permanent dwellings and the spaces between them where each such building is within 300 feet of at least one of the others, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all the buildings in such area.”

New Hampshire also has no knife laws which stop law abiding citizens from buying, selling, owning, carrying, possessing, transporting, collecting, or lawfully using any type of knife. Pretty cool.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/new-hampshire/
View Quote

Would be nice if NH could also get a law that prohibits an employer from having policy that an employee can not have a weapon on company property (parking lot).  Maine protects a citizens rights in this way (with the caveat that they must hold a permit to do so).

Also, permitless carry, and arguably even NH permit carry, is at odds with the federal gun free zone act.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:49:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Edited.
View Quote

Oops. Should have just written out the words "concealed weapon" instead of CCW. My bad.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oops. Should have just written out the words "concealed weapon" instead of CCW. My bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited.

Ya know...it didn't even occur to me to read the post that way. I've always read that abbreviation as a reference to the permit/license, but after your response, I'm reminded that many people use it to refer to the concealed gun.

I guess I should have posted a clarification rather than a correction.

Anyway, the bottom line is...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Would be nice if NH could also get a law that prohibits an employer from having policy that an employee can not have a weapon on company property (parking lot).  Maine protects a citizens rights in this way (with the caveat that they must hold a permit to do so).

Also, permitless carry, and arguably even NH permit carry, is at odds with the federal gun free zone act.
View Quote

Why?  It's private property.  I'd rather the .gov stay out of private property compulsion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#17]
The argument is that if an employer prohibits you from having a firearm on property, they are also denying your right to self protection through your whole commute to and from work.  They are still within their right to prohibit carry inside the work place, the protection ends in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks!  You're going to have to come visit again (armed!) some time soon.
View Quote

I'm trying to get the recently retired folks and my kids all to go sometime this summer.  Looking at trying to find a vacation rental in the Bartlett /Jackson area.  Haven't gotten very far in the planning yet though.  I'll be sporting one of my Sigs for the occasion!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.gif
View Quote

That animation is mesmerizing. It really is incredible to think of how far we've come with carry rights in the past 30 years.
So many "No Issue" States on the first slide, and then to see states turn to "Shall Issue" and finally "Unregulated". <sigh> Feels good.
We've had some good SCOTUS decisions in favor of 2A as well, and despite the 90's AWB, the AR-15 is THE most popular gun in the known universe right now.
Granted there have been some setbacks in other states for sure. (CT, NY, MA, CA...) but overall, gun rights are looking the best they've
had since the 1968 GCA. And with some effort on the national level with the HPA, etc. we could start to chip away to even pre-'34 levels! 

Oh well. I'm just rambling on now, not really making much of a point. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That animation is mesmerizing. It really is incredible to think of how far we've come with carry rights in the past 30 years.
So many "No Issue" States on the first slide, and then to see states turn to "Shall Issue" and finally "Unregulated". <sigh> Feels good.
We've had some good SCOTUS decisions in favor of 2A as well, and despite the 90's AWB, the AR-15 is THE most popular gun in the known universe right now.
Granted there have been some setbacks in other states for sure. (CT, NY, MA, CA...) but overall, gun rights are looking the best they've
had since the 1968 GCA. And with some effort on the national level with the HPA, etc. we could start to chip away to even pre-'34 levels! 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.gif

I think you were doing just fine!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#21]
So to update the question about a license still being required to carry on a snowmobile or ATV I contacted the NH Firearms Coalition and got a reply back from their VP & training director and he has given me the ok to share his reply.

"I forwarded your message to our counsel and was told that the law still requires a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver on a snowmobile or ATV because the new section III is not preceded by:
"notwithstanding any other law to the contrary"

You may carry as you see fit, however, the Conservation Officers employed by the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department are some the most anti gun law enforcement officers anywhere.  If caught, you will likely be arrested and charged.  You may or may not convince a judge of the merits of your argument and interpretation of the statute; after significant personal sacrifice.  Good luck!"

So according to the legal opinion they received you still do need a license to carry a handgun on an ATV or snowmobile and I was wrong in my opinion.

Figured I'd post this for everyone that isn't a member and get the NHFC newsletters.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Not sure if this was pointed out but the language suitable person was removed and replaced by...so those who may have been denied by referance issues or something your golden

" unless the applicant is prohibited by New Hampshire or federal statute from possessing a firearm"
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So to update the question about a license still being required to carry on a snowmobile or ATV I contacted the NH Firearms Coalition and got a reply back from their VP & training director and he has given me the ok to share his reply.

"I forwarded your message to our counsel and was told that the law still requires a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver on a snowmobile or ATV because the new section III is not preceded by:
"notwithstanding any other law to the contrary"

You may carry as you see fit, however, the Conservation Officers employed by the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department are some the most anti gun law enforcement officers anywhere.  If caught, you will likely be arrested and charged.  You may or may not convince a judge of the merits of your argument and interpretation of the statute; after significant personal sacrifice.  Good luck!"

So according to the legal opinion they received you still do need a license to carry a handgun on an ATV or snowmobile and I was wrong in my opinion.
View Quote

Ironically, the only reason I got a PRL was to carry on my ATV - I have a holster mounted on my front rack for the occasional homicidal porcupines I run across on my property.  I guess I still need it, although I think the F&G rulings exist simply to clarify what I consider a mis-enforcement of the CC law in the first place, which is requiring a PRL if open carrying on a motorcycle.  The intent for requiring one while open carrying IN a vehicle (as stated by law) is obvious as it will be obstructed, but the firearm is still in full view when seated on a motorcycle.  At any rate, those particular F&G regulations are going to need to be repealed as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife just made me this for the rear window of my truck. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/Carry-NH-158157.JPG
View Quote
Very cool !!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/Carry-NH-158157.JPG
View Quote

I hope she made enough for all of us.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top