Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/14/2017 11:21:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Woohoo!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
And it looks like Hohenwarter from the NRA is on board. Hopefully he won't fuck it up this time. I still don't trust him to not pull some shit behind the scenes like he did in the past. But, now that the path looks clear with House and Senate majorities and Sununu saying he'll sign it, any interference this time would be obvious and unforgivable. The fact that it appears teed up for another victory to be claimed by the NRA should help.

Here's the Senate Committee Hearing Report
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking forward to this passing {again} this time getting signed by the Governor.
At least northern New England is going in the right direction !

Can you imagine the butt hurt if national reciprocity gets passed !! NY, Mass and Conn would go bonkers!!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is on the ground, working hard to pass this.   Here is their latest alert:

NHFC Consitutional Carry Alert

and here is a link to their online petition:

NHFC 2017 Constitutional Carry Petition

They are planning to print and deliver these to the House Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee on Wednesday.  Please sign.... a large stack has more influence then a small stack.

Please try to attend the public hearing as well.   We need to pack the room with pro gun supporters.  You do not have to speak if you do not want to.  Just sign the blue form that you support SB 12.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It is scheduled to go to the House floor next Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Lets hope Feb 9th is a day we can celebrate freedom............once the Governor signs this, I will send a gloating FU note to Hassan in DC !!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lets hope Feb 9th is a day we can celebrate freedom............once the Governor signs this, I will send a gloating FU note to Hassan in DC !!!
View Quote

I would love a copy of it for me to sign and send too
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I looked through the ENTIRE Concord Monitor yesterday and there wasn't one word about HB12 successfully coming out of committee. Big foking surprise
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I looked through the ENTIRE Concord Monitor yesterday and there wasn't one word about HB12 successfully coming out of committee. Big foking surprise
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Low-key might be a good thing this time.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
We might have a Constitutional Carry by this time next week.

It should pass on Thursday. Gov. said he'd sign.

The effective date of the bill is "immediately upon passage".
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The vote is this Thursday Feb 9th....is that correct?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The vote is this Thursday Feb 9th....is that correct?
View Quote

Yes.

SB12 Status
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We might have a Constitutional Carry by this time next week.

It should pass on Thursday. Gov. said he'd sign.

The effective date of the bill is "immediately upon passage".
View Quote

Yes.  I called my reps today.  The last one said he fully expects this to be law by March 1st.   Hope he's right.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Low-key might be a good thing this time.
View Quote

Indeed.  We can make America great again before they know what hit 'em.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Indeed.  We can make America great again before they know what hit 'em.
View Quote

Yes, "won" step at a time !
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#19]
In case anybody is interested in following along, here is the live stream of today's house session. . Starts at 10:00 am.

ETA:  By the vote count on other bills, it looks like over 100 members are absent.

ETA:  HB12 up now. 10:55.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#20]
roll call vote now.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Passed 200 in favor, 97 opposed!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Passed 200 in favor, 97 opposed!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#23]
OP should update the thread title to indicate that we are waiting on the governor's signature. 

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's the roll call. . Two Rs voted against, 11 Ds voted for.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I’m a Maine resident. I hold a Maine CCW permit because I had it since before we changed law here. I currently also hold an NH CCW permit. Will I still need this and/or is there any advantage to keeping it?

I know in Maine although you no longer “need” a permit to CCW,  there are some nuances for if you have a permit vs. not. For instance, there are some places you can carry with permit vs. without, duty to inform LEO w/o permit, reciprocity rights, etc.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’m a Maine resident. I hold a Maine CCW permit because I had it since before we changed law here. I currently also hold an NH CCW permit. Will I still need this and/or is there any advantage to keeping it?

I know in Maine although you no longer “need” a permit to CCW,  there are some nuances for if you have a permit vs. not. For instance, there are some places you can carry with permit vs. without, duty to inform LEO w/o permit, reciprocity rights, etc.
View Quote

The NH non-res might help you with reciprocity in some states.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know when it is expected to hit the Governor's desk? If I read the bill correctly it will take effect immediately once signed?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

103 abstained or couldn't get there in the snow storm?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked like absences, not abstentions. All the votes leading up to it were under 300.

As the bill was called, one opponent tried to get it pulled because of the absences. The speaker shot him down quickly.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Another Mainer checkin in for the big CONGRATS.
We haven't seen any blood in the streets here... yet.
Enjoy the new freedom (which we shoulda had all along)
Note your current crime rate and check in again next year
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:36:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone know when it is expected to hit the Governor's desk? If I read the bill correctly it will take effect immediately once signed?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure, but I saw this explanation over at northeast shooters. I can't vouch for its accuracy.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by soloman02 View Post
The 15th will most likely not be correct. The clock starts once the governor has the bill on his desk to sign. There is a bit of an arcane process that is followed before it gets to his desk.
I am pulling this from memory so it may not be exact.

First, the bill is looked at by the House and senate clerks for typos. Then both the Senate president and House speaker sign off that everything is correct. Then the Secretary of State drafts the bill onto high quality paper (this might be first) and then it is sent to the governors desk.

This process can take anywhere from a week. So unless the Speaker and Senate president want this rushed, I suspect the earliest we will see this on the governors desk is next Friday, 2/17. Then from there the governor has 5 consecutive days to sign or veto it before it automatically becomes law without his signature. Meaning Con carry in NH would be law by Tuesday 2/21 if he received it on 2/17.

Before March begins NH will be a con carry state.

Yes it applies to anyone who is not a prohibited person.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not sure, but I saw this explanation over at northeast shooters. I can't vouch for its accuracy.

Link
View Quote

I'm having dinner and drinks with my friend tomorrow night (who just happens to be my rep), who was present and voted for this.
He is an avid "gun guy" just like any of us. I'm sure this will be a hot topic. I'll ask if he has any insight about how soon it will make it to 
Sununu's desk.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I called all my reps.  2 voted against it, 1 didn't show, and 1 supported it.   He called me back to shit on the other 3.  great guy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I called all my reps.  2 voted against it, 1 didn't show, and 1 supported it.   He called me back to shit on the other 3.  great guy.
View Quote

You must not live in Hillsborough county because half the dem that voted for it were from Hillsborough
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Spoke with my Rep tonight, unfortunately, he has no idea when the Bill will make it to the Governors desk.
Sorry, wish I could have provided a more accurate timeline.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You must not live in Hillsborough county because half the dem that voted for it were from Hillsborough
View Quote

I do live in Hillsborough County.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Spoke with my Rep tonight, unfortunately, he has no idea when the Bill will make it to the Governors desk.
Sorry, wish I could have provided a more accurate timeline.
View Quote

My Rep said it will be law by March 1st, but that isn't much of a timeline either.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#43]
The moonbats haven't given up yet. We need to make sure that the phone calls are not one sided, even though Governor Sununu has said repeatedly that he'll sign Constitutional Carry. They're also trying to get him to back down on the appointment of Frank Edelblut for Education Commissioner. Stolen from the Facebook page of someone who closely follows NH politics:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I called just now....hopefully he will sign it soon !
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Received this email this morning:

Dear don,

We have been telling you about the status of SB 12, Constitutional Carry as it moves through the legislative process.  Today, I want to update you about the aggressive, anti-gun activities of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police (NHACOP).  These public employees are using their official titles and your tax dollars to lobby against your civil right to be armed.  We must counter the lies!

The NHACOP has released a press release attacking SB 12 that is not truthful.  They are urging citizens to contact Governor Sununu and oppose SB 12.

We need to double our efforts.  Calls and emails are still needed to make sure that Governor Sununu stands firm and honors his pledge to sign SB 12.  Please contact Governor Chris Sununu and let him know that you support SB 12, Constitutional Carry.  This is very important, our enemies are attempting to flood his office with calls and emails and he must hear from firearms owners.Tell Governor Sununu that you will rely upon the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition to keep you informed of their actions on  SB 12, Constitutional Carry.

Now, here are the details about the anti-gun NHACOP and what you can do to fight back.  Anti-gun Chief Andrew Shagoury of Tuftonboro published a letter to the editor in Fosters.  The same text was posted on the NHACOP's Facebook page as a press release and in case it is removed, we made a screenshot.  The claims stop short of being truthful.  For instance, SB 12 does not change who can carry a firearm and where it can be carried.  Students who are enrolled in schools are still subject to the policies set by the local school board.  Pursuant to federal law, a minor may only posses a handgun if the minor has written permission from a parent or guardian. Criminals, remain prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms. Existing law which stipulates who is prohibited is not being changed by SB 12.

What the bill does, is to define a reasonable standard on who can carry a firearm concealed and to eliminate the abuse of the word "suitable"  by anti-gun activists like Andrew Shagoury.  In some towns just speaking against the police department budget at town meeting means you might be "un-suitable".  SB 12 also removes the requirement to obtain a license to carry concealed on your person or loaded in a vehicle.  It is important to note that New Hampshire is different from most other "open carry states", because a license is required for "loaded in a vehicle".  SB 12 will eliminate this requirement and restore some freedom in New Hampshire.

These anti-gun police chiefs are creating an "us against them" adversarial relationship with the citizens who employ them.  We see this in anti-gun states like New York and New Jersey.  This is new to New Hampshire and we must fight back.

Here is what you can do to help, first, if your local club allows any police departments to use your range.  Object loudly and let the club officers know that these are people who are hostile to your civil right to be armed. They should not be welcome at any private gun range in the state.  The NHACOP conducts fundraisers.  Do not financially support this anti-gun organization.  They are no different from anti-gun former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.  Would you support Everytown for Gun Safety?

Please forward this email to your club's leadership.  Ask them to forward it to the membership.  Every firearms owner needs to understand who is fighting against their civil right to be armed.

Ironically, a few years ago they raffled firearms.    If they ever raffle firearms again, boycott any firearms dealer who helps them by conducting transfers.  Tell the dealer why you now consider them an enemy of freedom.

Click here to see the leadership of this anti-gun activist organization.  Is your local chief on the list?  Town meetings will be starting soon.  Now is a good time to question Boards of Selectmen and your public employees about their out of town activities.  We have seen these anti-gun Chiefs arrive at the statehouse in a town vehicle while wearing a town uniform.  Do you really want your tax money used to fund anti-gun activism?

Please don' forget to contact Governor Chris Sununu and let him know that you support SB 12, Constitutional Carry.

Thanks for your support.

In Liberty,
Scott A. Krauss
Scott A. Krauss
President - NHFC
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#46]
The bill is now listed as "Enrolled".

It is done the technical review process and on its way to the Gov.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#47]
So that means he will sign it the next few days correct?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So that means he will sign it the next few days correct?
View Quote

His office says his intent is to sign.   I'm not counting my chickens yet.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The moonbats haven't given up yet. We need to make sure that the phone calls are not one sided, even though Governor Sununu has said repeatedly that he'll sign Constitutional Carry. They're also trying to get him to back down on the appointment of Frank Edelblut for Education Commissioner. Stolen from the Facebook page of someone who closely follows NH politics:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/182397/SB12-Edelblut-145237.JPG
View Quote

I've tried that number several times but it either rings forever or is busy. I finally sent him an email through

https://business.nh.gov/nhgovernor/comments.asp

to ask him to sign SB12.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've tried that number several times but it either rings forever or is busy. I finally sent him an email through

https://business.nh.gov/nhgovernor/comments.asp

to ask him to sign SB12.
View Quote
Done.
I trust that Gov. Sununu will do the right thing, but every message of support helps.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top