Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2016 5:45:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the case law on posting video of an interaction on the internet... I don't think they have a case against shooters.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Pot smell must be coming from my 15 year old daughter. Now can I buy a gun or not ? lol

Responsible parenting at its best.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Saw the video and the guy pretty much just side stepped around them and was professional about it. I guess the guy apologized and back pedaled on his statements but still an asshole thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw the video and the guy pretty much just side stepped around them and was professional about it. I guess the guy apologized and back pedaled on his statements but still an asshole thing to do.
View Quote

People get so butthurt about SO on the internet, its crazy. Usually guys from MA that SO refuses to sell things to, lol. I really don't pay any attention to the rants/complaints about SO at this point, haha.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

People get so butthurt about SO on the internet, its crazy. Usually guys from MA that SO refuses to sell things to, lol. I really don't pay any attention to the rants/complaints about SO at this point, haha.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
As a loyal customer of Shooter's Outpost, I have to say that Jim himself has treated me, and my now 9 year old son very nicely over the past 4 or 5 years (or however many years they've been in business now).  I buy all my loading components there, loaded ammo, and several firearms to date.  They've earned my complete trust and whatever they do as store policy, is OK with me.  After all it's a private business.  A quick story, my son made the front page of Hawkeye News last year.  We were there buying primers and powder and he saw the paper by the door with his lil face on it.  He grabbed a copy and showed the girl at the counter, and Jim, in a wheel chair at the time wheeled over and made such a big deal when he saw my son on there.  He gave him stickers and a Shooters Outpost shirt, and Nick told him about the hunt and how he got his shells there pointing over to the ammo section.  Jim is a very nice man, and the real deal who made a little boys day, and his Dad's day too.  You always hear the negative things but I wanted to post a positive one.  If you come across this Jim, thank you again.  I can't say enough good about you, your staff, and your business!  -Mike Flores
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice story. I don't think I have an ill word to speak of Jim. A month or so ago I was in the Outpost. He came up shook my hand and called me by my first name. We probably hadn't spoken in a year. I'm not a regular by any means, mostly because I'm lazy and don't drive up that way too often. But I was impressed he remembered my name. There's a reason he's been so successful.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a loyal customer of Shooter's Outpost, I have to say that Jim himself has treated me, and my now 9 year old son very nicely over the past 4 or 5 years (or however many years they've been in business now).  I buy all my loading components there, loaded ammo, and several firearms to date.  They've earned my complete trust and whatever they do as store policy, is OK with me.  After all it's a private business.  A quick story, my son made the front page of Hawkeye News last year.  We were there buying primers and powder and he saw the paper by the door with his lil face on it.  He grabbed a copy and showed the girl at the counter, and Jim, in a wheel chair at the time wheeled over and made such a big deal when he saw my son on there.  He gave him stickers and a Shooters Outpost shirt, and Nick told him about the hunt and how he got his shells there pointing over to the ammo section.  Jim is a very nice man, and the real deal who made a little boys day, and his Dad's day too.  You always hear the negative things but I wanted to post a positive one.  If you come across this Jim, thank you again.  I can't say enough good about you, your staff, and your business!  -Mike Flores
View Quote

Huh? What's this about Jim being in a wheel chair??

I was at SO last month while on vacation up there and Carey was just in the doorway getting ready to leave. We talked with her for a bit and she told me that we missed Jim by ~1 hour. They are really good people and I enjoy doing business with them when I'm up in their area.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I think he had hurt his ankle a while back. He's better now.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think he had hurt his ankle a while back. He's better now.
View Quote

Good to hear that is nothing super serious. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good to hear that is nothing super serious. Thanks.
View Quote

It actually happened a year or so ago now.  He was climbing down a ladder deer stand and landed wrong on it.  Was off his feet for quite a while, he's all good now though.  

Wait until you guys see what they have planned there.  A new building about the same size on the same piece of land, the foundation is already in place.  
It's going to add a few new elements to Shooters, including archery and possibly a small NFA/Machine Gun museum.  Supposed to start in the spring and they're shooting for an October 2017 opening.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pot smell must be coming from my 15 year old daughter. Now can I buy a gun or not ? lol

Responsible parenting at its best.
View Quote

This sums it up best.
SO has the right - and obligation - to not sell to anyone who is drunk, high or outside of their right mind.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Will be heading there for the first time soon.
I've heard good things about them !
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Went there today, almost pulled the trigger on a Sig SBR, they pay the tax stamp.
It was well worth the trip down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top