Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2016 8:52:39 PM EDT
So this is somewhat of a crosspost from GD but NH is one of the free-er states the fiancee' and I can agree on possibly exploring moving to.

As we all know, it's the "live free or die" state, and there aren't any mandatory insurance laws or seat belt laws, and your rest areas sell lotto tickets and liquor.

So what else should I know? My soon to be wife and I are in our early 30s, no kids, no plans on any, and currently live in a western Chicago suburb.  Being somewhat close to a major city would be nice.  I have a heavy customer service/call center background, and she has an art degree and has worked as an image editor.

Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a transplant but I'll speak to the little bit that I know.  Keene is pretty nice.  Doesn't really apply to you but it's a great place to raise children.  It's a college town, which I really like.  I take the kids to all kinds of events on campus.  There are several really, really quality restaurants here, more than I ever would have guessed.  There are a couple large industries here.  CNS is a huge grocery wholesaler they are always advertising for jobs, hire away a lot of grads from NY colleges.  Overall SW NH is pretty rural, not like SE, nashua areas.  But still close enough to go to Boston for the day if you wanted to.  I got my ccw here as soon as we arrived, fast, easy and no problem.  Constitutional carry almost made it through last year but the cunt Gov vetoed it.  

There's no state income tax or sales tax but the property taxes in my opinion are brutal.  Of course I am comparing them to where I moved from.  Taxes on my house in AZ were around $900/yr, here they are just shy of $10k/yr.  Overall we really like it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
How "major" of a city do you want to be near? IMO, there is no such thing in NH. Concord, Nashua, Manchester etc, would be a rural suburb compared to Chicago! lol
I think your best job opportunities in-state might be near the sea coast/Portsmouth, but the population density is a bit greater and town property taxes are a bit higher.

You can always commute to Boston, a lot of people do, myself included (sometimes. I'm lucky enough to tele-commute >50% of the time.) I live in the lower
western part of that State (Monadnock area) and the drive to Boston is brutal, but I love coming home here!
Keep in mind, that working for a MA based company will negate the whole "no income tax" benefit, 'cause they'll tax the shit out of you.

Winters can be brutal or they can be mild as can be. Ya never know.

Oh, and the insurance thing is a bit of misnomer. If you finance/lease your vehicle, you WILL need insurance as required by the lien holder. Also,
the State does have a financial liability law, so even a relatively mild accident could be financially ruinous for you. Best to be insured.

Anything else you want to know specifically?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I'm considering NH because of the weather, it wouldn't be as hot as the midwest as summers go(hopefully.)

As for cities, we live right now in a town that has a population of around 50k, so it has pretty much everything you need, but we are also about 30 minutes west of Chicago.

Nashua has a population of 88k as I understand.  She works for an art firm and I work in a call center.  The art she does is image processing for large companies.  I would imagine those jobs are in Boston.   We'd probably be happy in Nashua, Manchester or Concord.  I watched a time lapse driving video of Littleton and it seemed nice, has the old town-ish areas that we have here in Wheaton, IL but so does Concord.

I'd definitely want to check out the seacoast too.  Need to convince her a bit more on the coast though.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:47:49 AM EDT
[#4]
While property taxes are higher than most, they are deductible, so there is that. No sales or income tax but if you own a business or draw income from dividends you will pay a little more.

Buying a firearm in NH compared to  IL will be a pleasant eye opening experience, ( you'll need to reserve 20 minutes out of your day) and a pistol/revolver license will set you back $10 for 4 years.

Any State needs a source of revenue to operate. So overall, taxes are "reasonable".

NH is always on a list of best places to live, work, safety, schools, raise a family, etc. for a reason. Please don't tell everyone.

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#5]
State Liquor Stores. There are no private liquor stores like everywhere else, the State own and runs 'em. Something I had to get used to when I moved here, it's sorta a joke that a lot of them are right off the main Interstate highways. The NH Dept of Tourism even makes certain you know that because they are kind enough to put up signs to the nearest one.

The Union Leader newspaper in Manchester used to be the conservative heartbeat of the state when I moved here, the owner/publisher Bill Loeb made certain the politicians coming into New Hampshire knew which side of the political fence New Hampshire was on and where he wished it to remain. The Union Leader would destroy career liberals if they didn't know their place & stay there. Especially Massachusetts liberals. Every one of them knew who he was, and they all HATED Bill Loeb & his paper. Since Bill passed on, not so much anymore.

New Hampshire was no doubt a deep "Red" state in the great Liberal Northeast, the sore thumb that stood out in New England. But, it's now a decidedly "purple" state thanks to Massachusetts douchebags who came here first to vacation, then decided to stay to escape the shit they voted for. Nashua, Salem and the border towns are all Massachusetts scum who have moved here, but still work in that God forsaken shithole because they can't quite accept the idea that they live in New Hampshire. After all, what would our old neighbors in Cambridge think of us living in Cow Hampshire?

Unfortunately, like cockroaches spreading they are now moving north & bringing their Lib mindset with them. "It's for the children".

I'll say this, though. The Pro-2A politicians have stood their ground, beat back legislation that went after our rights, and have put forth some awesome legislation in support and pushback. I hope that continues for the forseeable future.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  I'm considering NH because of the weather, it wouldn't be as hot as the midwest as summers go(hopefully.)
View Quote

So in terms of weather, I've been here 3 years and have experienced 3 brutal winters.  That's my opinion of course, they might have been mild to someone who has lived here for a long time but to me, I'm sorry when it hits like -15 at night and single digits during the day that's brutal.  This past winter wasn't as bad as 3 years ago, coldest and snowiest I've ever seen in my life.  Seems like this past winter the temps didn't go too low and it wasn't a shit ton of snow.

The summers haven't been that humid, June and July have been hot, the worst month for me has always been September in terms of humidity.  It was so weird when we moved here, looking for houses, no house had AC, and everyone told us it wasn't really needed as it's only hot for a month or so.  Coming from AZ though, AC was a non negotiable.  We're like one of the only people in our circle that has AC.  

Spring can be kind of weird here.  They're short and wet.  2 out of the last 3 years it seems like it just went from winter straight to summer.  Had some crazy temp swings this past spring.  One day 74 next day 38.

Fall is the reason to live here.  October is amazing.  Cool, crisp, colorful.  If I had the means to live as I pleased, no matter where else I lived in the world I would keep a house up near New London just to live in for the month of October.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If it wasn't for NH I doubt I'd even be in New England
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So in terms of weather, I've been here 3 years and have experienced 3 brutal winters.  That's my opinion of course, they might have been mild to someone who has lived here for a long time but to me, I'm sorry when it hits like -15 at night and single digits during the day that's brutal.  This past winter wasn't as bad as 3 years ago, coldest and snowiest I've ever seen in my life.  Seems like this past winter the temps didn't go too low and it wasn't a shit ton of snow
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in terms of weather, I've been here 3 years and have experienced 3 brutal winters.  That's my opinion of course, they might have been mild to someone who has lived here for a long time but to me, I'm sorry when it hits like -15 at night and single digits during the day that's brutal.  This past winter wasn't as bad as 3 years ago, coldest and snowiest I've ever seen in my life.  Seems like this past winter the temps didn't go too low and it wasn't a shit ton of snow

This past winter was very mild by NH standards, haha. The year before was snowier than average. Having an outdoor hobby (snowshoeing/hiking, snowmobiling, skiing, etc...) makes winter more enjoyable.

Like I said in the GD thread Deej, the art/marketing type jobs will be in Boston, with a smaller quantity in Nashua and Portsmouth. I think the 3 largest employers in the state are BAE Systems, Fidelity, and Sig, so those places all have marketing/advertising departments as well.

Parts of Manchester, Nashua, and Laconia are the worst in the state in terms of crime/heroin problems. It tends to be isolated to the Section 8/FSA areas though in Manchester/Nashua. I think Manchester had 82 heroin ODs in July (10 fatal) and Nashua was 2nd in the state with 32 (4 fatal). The bar/restaurant scene in Portsmouth is the best in the state, followed by Manchester, then probably Dover. In general, crime is very low.

Being able to get from the beach to the mountains in less than 2 hours is just awesome -- you can't do that in most states. There is so much to do outdoors here, even if you don't own the equipment. You can rent kayaks at most large bodies of water, you can rent snowmobiles or skis up north, etc. If you like motorsports, we get 2 NASCAR races a year, the NHRA drag races, and tons of small local tracks, Huge ATV/snowmobile trail system too, as well as having Rangely, ME right over the border.

As far as being a gun owner in NH, we have a very long hunting season, very relaxed gun laws, an incredible training facility in the Sig Academy, plenty of USPSA/IDPA/multigun type events at several ranges (Pelham, Pemi, Pioneer) across the state, and a ton of great stores (KTP is right over the border, Riley's, Shooter's Outpost, Sig Pro Shop, etc).

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in concord which is an hour to Boston or an hour to the white mountains, and an hour to the beaches. Has everything you need but is surrounded by woods. I wouldn't live anywhere else.  

Plus the gun laws are great
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#10]
And now for the (thankfully) forgotten part of the state, the Hanover/Lebanon/Sunapee area about half way up the western border... Hanover is home to Ivy League Dartmouth College so in spite of the mostly rural nature, we get performances and events that can at times rival any urban area. We're about half way between Boston and Montreal which gives you access to anything you could possibly want without the hassle of living near a stinking, over populated city. The coast is a straight shot of about 2 hours. Hunting, fishing and shooting are excellent as well as all of the other outdoor activities everyone has already mentioned.

Hanover and a few surrounding towns have VERY high real estate prices and taxes, but you only have to go a couple towns out to be in the boonies but still with an easy commute to shopping, etc. The Upper Valley area has historically enjoyed some of the lowest unemployment anywhere and has always been a hot bed of high tech.

Winter is very long, very cold and usually very snowy. Imports from down country either love it or move back south within 3 to 5 years. You're from a far enough northern latitude that I think you'd be fine.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, yeah, there's a beach, but the water is frigid, year round.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
New Hampshire was no doubt a deep "Red" state in the great Liberal Northeast, the sore thumb that stood out in New England. But, it's now a decidedly "purple" state thanks to Massachusetts douchebags who came here first to vacation, then decided to stay to escape the shit they voted for. Nashua, Salem and the border towns are all Massachusetts scum who have moved here, but still work in that God forsaken shithole because they can't quite accept the idea that they live in New Hampshire. After all, what would our old neighbors in Cambridge think of us living in Cow Hampshire?.
View Quote

If you have looked at the last couple maps of the voting you would see it is the northern and western part of the state and Portsmouth that is blue.

Also if you work in MA you will have to pay MA income tax on MA source income which is 5.5%. Most jobs in MA will pay more than 5.5% than a NH job.

Living in Manchester or Salem depending on what time you leave could have you in Boston in a little over a hour
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Deej, I think I saw a thread you started in GD about learning to drive.  If you can't drive yet, and are relying on public transportation/taxis, you will want to stick to the bigger cities.  The northern/rural part of the state doesn't have much in the way of those services.  Overall it's a nice state.  I moved here a few years ago from VT, and haven't looked back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I've lived in many different places over the years. NH, Vt., Md., Tn, but when  it came time to make my own decisions to settle down, it was always NH. Now living in Rockingham County for over 32 years. I'm 20 minutes from the Atlantic. An hour south of the mountains. Portsmouth is the largest "city" in Rockingham County but tiny by Boston or Chicago standards. IMHO its probably the nicest of the higher populated NH counties. That's even taking into having Salem on our Mass border, which like Manchester(aka Manch Vegas) Nashua(aka Trashua) are getting pretty seedy. But for firearm enthusiasts these area's have the best of the best dealers in NH. As already mentioned above, I'll add Chester Arms in Derry as a favorite. Good prices and great to deal with.

Weather wise, I think I've seen almost everything. Summers can be brutal hot and humid. Almost Florida tropical at times with temps in the 90's and dew points @70-72* for July and August. That is at least here in Southern NH close to the coast. Get up above the notches into Colebrook or Pittsburgh and on the same day we have 90's they can be in the mid 70's. Winters can be brutal. We have our moments, but no where as bad as recent history cold that mid US has had.  Or like last year almost non existent. Christmas day 2015, I was riding my ATV and it was nearly 80*f. And almost no snow state wide. But that was the exception, not the rule.

Overall even with the small amount of bad that NH has to offer, which is far less then most other area's of the US, its a great state to live. Clean Air. Decent Weather. Nice people. Easy to live with gun laws. Close to Vt. and Me. Also great places. Vermont is IMHO the most scenic of the 3 northern New England States. Maine has the most wilderness and only a couple hour ride to get there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen to that, fall in the ocean off a boat and you've got ***maybe*** an hour or two to live (in August).

I moved here from Colorado to Nashua 10 years ago.  Please feel free to IM me any questions or call anytime.  It's really a great place to live, especially because so much cool stuff is an hour away.  However, unless you ski or snowmobile or whatever, the winter is only 4 or 5 months but can be brutal.  Don't move here for hot chicks.  Be married because the women around here are and

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:38:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Amen to that, fall in the ocean off a boat and you've got ***maybe*** an hour or two to live (in August).

I moved here from Colorado to Nashua 10 years ago.  Please feel free to IM me any questions or call anytime.  It's really a great place to live, especially because so much cool stuff is an hour away.  However, unless you ski or snowmobile or whatever, the winter is only 4 or 5 months but can be brutal.  Don't move here for hot chicks.  Be married because the women around here are and

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Plenty of hot puss here in Keene with the college.  Of course, I've been married for almost a dozen years now so nearly anything with tits gets me excited.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Does NH have any 2A advantages over Maine? Vice versa?

If so, what specifically?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
State Liquor Stores. There are no private liquor stores like everywhere else, the State own and runs 'em. Something I had to get used to when I moved here, it's sorta a joke that a lot of them are right off the main Interstate highways. The NH Dept of Tourism even makes certain you know that because they are kind enough to put up signs to the nearest one.

The Union Leader newspaper in Manchester used to be the conservative heartbeat of the state when I moved here, the owner/publisher Bill Loeb made certain the politicians coming into New Hampshire knew which side of the political fence New Hampshire was on and where he wished it to remain. The Union Leader would destroy career liberals if they didn't know their place & stay there. Especially Massachusetts liberals. Every one of them knew who he was, and they all HATED Bill Loeb & his paper. Since Bill passed on, not so much anymore.

New Hampshire was no doubt a deep "Red" state in the great Liberal Northeast, the sore thumb that stood out in New England. But, it's now a decidedly "purple" state thanks to Massachusetts douchebags who came here first to vacation, then decided to stay to escape the shit they voted for. Nashua, Salem and the border towns are all Massachusetts scum who have moved here, but still work in that God forsaken shithole because they can't quite accept the idea that they live in New Hampshire. After all, what would our old neighbors in Cambridge think of us living in Cow Hampshire?

Unfortunately, like cockroaches spreading they are now moving north & bringing their Lib mindset with them. "It's for the children".

I'll say this, though. The Pro-2A politicians have stood their ground, beat back legislation that went after our rights, and have put forth some awesome legislation in support and pushback. I hope that continues for the forseeable future.
View Quote

VERY well put!  

I moved up here 3 years ago after wanting to do so very badly for a decade.  I LOVE NH, it simply needs to stay "NH".  C'mon up brother Dj...
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does NH have any 2A advantages over Maine? Vice versa?

If so, what specifically?
View Quote

Maine has constitutional carry (except in certain state parks, like Acadia I believe?), we don't. Our exiting governor, Hassan, vetoed it twice though. So depending on how the elections shake out in November, we may get it through in 2017.

Neither state has any restrictions on things like mag capacity, NFA items, approved roster, etc... Both states allow hunting with suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks like I'll be moving up to NH come next May/June. Bought a small farm with 5 acres near the town of Sandwich. Been coming up here for the last 30yrs to visit my sisters brothers. So how easy is it to get the carry license for the state?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks like I'll be moving up to NH come next May/June. Bought a small farm with 5 acres near the town of Sandwich. Been coming up here for the last 30yrs to visit my sisters brothers. So how easy is it to get the carry license for the state?
View Quote

1 page application submitted to the local CLEO. $10 for 4 years. They can't photograph or finger print you by law. Shall issue, must be issued to you within 2 weeks of application.
With any luck, we'll get a R Governor in this fall and get "Constitutional Carry" passed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds great. So to apply for it you go to the Police station,court house? Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sounds great. So to apply for it you go to the Police station,court house? Thanks.
View Quote

Local pd.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Coming from CA, it was rough. It took 4 days after I applied.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Good. Sounds a lot easier than here to get one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Well look at that. Come to the NH forum to ask about NH, and find a thread that answers my questions! Thanks!

There's a possibility that I'm going to accept a job in NH and have been exploring whether I should live in Maine or new Hampshire, but I think I'm going to stick with NH.

Looks like a nice improvement on gun laws compared to PA, which isn't bad. I love backpacking so living in the NH VT ME area would be awesome for that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Where would you be working?
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
Possibly Seabrook nuclear power plant.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work right down the street.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would live . In NH just so you don't have to pay ME income tax. Unless you are fine with paying extra 5% or so
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I would live . In NH just so you don't have to pay ME income tax. Unless you are fine with paying extra 5% or so
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Property taxes in NH are Brutal. It might  be cheaper to live in Maine depending upon your income (and the cost of comparable homes).
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

1 page application submitted to the local CLEO. $10 for 4 years. They can't photograph or finger print you by law. Shall issue, must be issued to you within 2 weeks of application.
With any luck, we'll get a R Governor in this fall and get "Constitutional Carry" passed.
View Quote

All is well now!
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170222/new-hampshire-governor-sununu-signs-constitutionalpermitless-carry-bill-into-law
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#35]
N.H. is no longer the "Live Free Or Die State"
The entire state is run by Dem Women.
In the house and senate. ( loaded )  In the house and senate = 100% in DC.
Sad to say, things have changed bigly.
I was born and raised in NH.
Not the same.
Don't wet your pants thinking you're safe.  Basically, we're only one school shooting away from the shit hitting the fan. ( waiting )
Yeah, we have a Republican Gov now, who isn't that much better than the so called republican governor Baker down in MA or NH Dem Lynch and Hassan.
Welcome to taxpayer paid full day Kindergarten.
Gabby Vegetable Gifford and Husband pussy in tow, leased a building out in Portsmouth. ( Several Years Ago ).
They're just waiting for that Shooter to show their face and carry out his dirty.
Days are numbered here.
Two years ago a Shooter sent a few rounds into a couple of Manchester Police Officers.
Wounded only, both survived.
The media was busting down the Governors door before the Ambulances even arrived at the Hospital.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? ISN'T IT TIME FOR MORE GUN CONTROL!
The media as well... They're waiting.. They can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
N.H. is no longer the "Live Free Or Die State"
The entire state is run by Dem Women.
In the house and senate. ( loaded )  In the house and senate = 100% in DC.
Sad to say, things have changed bigly.
I was born and raised in NH.
Not the same.
Don't wet your pants thinking you're safe.  Basically, we're only one school shooting away from the shit hitting the fan. ( waiting )
Yeah, we have a Republican Gov now, who isn't that much better than the so called republican governor Baker down in MA or NH Dem Lynch and Hassan.
Welcome to taxpayer paid full day Kindergarten.
Gabby Vegetable Gifford and Husband pussy in tow, leased a building out in Portsmouth. ( Several Years Ago ).
They're just waiting for that Shooter to show their face and carry out his dirty.
Days are numbered here.
Two years ago a Shooter sent a few rounds into a couple of Manchester Police Officers.
Wounded only, both survived.
The media was busting down the Governors door before the Ambulances even arrived at the Hospital.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? ISN'T IT TIME FOR MORE GUN CONTROL!
The media as well... They're waiting.. They can't wait.
View Quote
Get a grip.  We just got the long-awaited Constitutional carry passed.  The sky is not falling.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#37]
The Sky in NH is directly touching the top of our heads.

Don't think for a minute that you're safe.

Pray we don't get a Psycho Shooter here.

They're waiting, already dug in and in place. ( at the ready )

The state of NH is full of Dyke - C-nt Bitches running the show. (State and Federal Govt ). Nasty,, Check it out!

Beer tipping, sports watching so called men helped vote them in.

Hey, we are number 1. Yes,,the most Drunk State in the Nation! ( Us Guys ) How we deal with it.

Northern Massachusetts - Southern Montreal = New Hampshire.

Nasty, Pig French Canadian Women run this state now.

SAD
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Hey, we are number 1. Yes,,the most Drunk State in the Nation! ( Us Guys ) How we deal with it.

Northern Massachusetts - Southern Montreal = New Hampshire.
View Quote
We are the number drunk state because of the NH advantage.
Out of staters come her and buy their booze here and take it home with them or for their trip here. Same with smokes.

Any one that pays taxes and uses no state services is good for the state. This also allows for us to have lower taxes

If you dislike the state so much move out, but I just have one question where are you going that is better?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:46:21 AM EDT
[#40]
You nailed it Brother! Three years until I retire. I will be moving out within one year of my retirement.

Google New Hampshire, Cost of living compared to our other states.

NH is ranked # 42.  Yes,,, 42 out of 50 states are cheaper to live in than NH. We are in the same Snowflake Liberal handout Category as NY, MA, CA and Hawaii.

I've lived here since birth at the Elliot Hospital. ( Over 50 years )

The same home I have valued at 275K will cost 135K in many other states at 1/3 the property tax rate.

$995.00 per year property taxes versus over 5K in NH for property taxes.

Damn, I live out in the Woods on 32 Acres. Over 600 Acres of woods / Forest abut me.  The day before Easter, there were Zombies on my acreage shuffling around sniffing at the grass similiar to my Chickens.

Yes, I will be saying goodbye in three after I retire.  See you later ' Heroinhampsire "
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You nailed it Brother! Three years until I retire. I will be moving out within one year of my retirement.

NH is ranked # 42.  Yes,,, 42 out of 50 states are cheaper to live in than NH. We are in the same Snowflake Liberal handout Category as NY, MA, CA and Hawaii.

The same home I have valued at 275K will cost 135K in many other states at 1/3 the property tax rate.

Damn, I live out in the Woods on 32 Acres. Over 600 Acres of woods / Forest abut me.  The day before Easter, there were Zombies on my acreage shuffling around sniffing at the grass similiar to my Chickens.

Yes, I will be saying goodbye in three after I retire.  See you later ' Heroinhampsire "
View Quote
You wanna trade places across mountains in Poughkeepsie, NY? After living in NY and CA, NH is a godsend.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude, you're complaining that your property is worth more than it would be in other places!   Our cost of living is hight but we also have a great standard of living.  We have the lowest unemployment in the country and one of the lowest overall tax burdens.  Our water and air is clean. For the most part we don't have wildfires, tornados, earthquakes, mudslides, or hurricanes.  It's not perfect but we have it pretty good.

Despite all this, you're right, you should leave.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#43]
We are just a CH away from us going the route of CT with our 2A Rights.
During the last mid-term, we ended up with Jean Shaheen running against Scott Brown.
This nasty turtle neck won by a little more than 5K. " Brown is a RINO - Liberal who is not Socialist enough for N.H. " according to NH so called conservatives.  
Previous Senator  "Bob Smith" made a go of it during the Primary.
Damn, he didn't even come close.
Bob Smith is a total 100% Gun Rights Senator.
As a NH Senator, this guy was a Dinosaur for the 2A. No matter what day of the week it was, Bob went directly after the left with their 2A crap.
He knocked their Shit right out of the park.
SMH, he fought for us BIGLY...
Bob Smith was always with us. He was always in their face.
NH voters Kicked him to the Curb.  ( Go Away )
Not many true conservatives 2A folks are left here in N.H.
My guess?  Maybe 15% at best.
Northern Massachusetts. A pinch of RI and NY. This is what makes up NH today.  A shit load of Southern Montreal French Canadians = New Heroionhampshire.
Good luck with this Shit.
Yes,  In three I will be out of NH. This state is done.
Hold on tight folks... After a Crazy ass shooter decides to go stupid here in NH? -----  You're done.... :)
Hassan, Porter and Kuster? These Bitches run the state now.
The house and Senate are full of these Men/Women.
Governor Sununu? Ha, Ha. He gave us Constitutional Carry only because he promised it during his campaign.
Everything else out of this guy will be totally left...
He will be on board with taking the 2A away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
We are also #1 in "Freedom Index".  https://www.freedominthe50states.org/

#1 in being drunk: https://www.thestreet.com/story/12119523/10/the-drunkest-states-in-america-2013-vintage.html

#3 in lowest crime rate: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/slideshows/the-10-safest-states-in-america?slide=9

#5 in Education: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/01/15/247-wall-st-states-best-schools/21388041/

There's much more too. If you find your Utopia, please be sure to come back and let us know where it is. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We are just a CH away from us going the route of CT with our 2A Rights.
During the last mid-term, we ended up with Jean Shaheen running against Scott Brown.
This nasty turtle neck won by a little more than 5K. " Brown is a RINO - Liberal who is not Socialist enough for N.H. " according to NH so called conservatives.  
Previous Senator  "Bob Smith" made a go of it during the Primary.
Damn, he didn't even come close.
Bob Smith is a total 100% Gun Rights Senator.
As a NH Senator, this guy was a Dinosaur for the 2A. No matter what day of the week it was, Bob went directly after the left with their 2A crap.
He knocked their Shit right out of the park.
SMH, he fought for us BIGLY...
Bob Smith was always with us. He was always in their face.
NH voters Kicked him to the Curb.  ( Go Away )
Not many true conservatives 2A folks are left here in N.H.
My guess?  Maybe 15% at best.
Northern Massachusetts. A pinch of RI and NY. This is what makes up NH today.  A shit load of Southern Montreal French Canadians = New Heroionhampshire.
Good luck with this Shit.
Yes,  In three I will be out of NH. This state is done.
Hold on tight folks... After a Crazy ass shooter decides to go stupid here in NH? -----  You're done.... :)
Hassan, Porter and Kuster? These Bitches run the state now.
The house and Senate are full of these Men/Women.
Governor Sununu? Ha, Ha. He gave us Constitutional Carry only because he promised it during his campaign.
Everything else out of this guy will be totally left...
He will be on board with taking the 2A away.
View Quote
bull shit, this state has no appetite for that nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I can tell you up here there are non of those massholes...its to cold.

shit i went out shooting today..on some random logging road, that goes all the way to Canada there's still snow....its to cold for those communists.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#47]
OMG--- Live Free Or Die :)

Governor Jeanne Shaheen Shrunk the wording down on our Lic plates so it cannot even be read now. You have to be touching the ass of another car at a stop light.

( Republicans did nothing )

She also turned those License plates and Drivers licenses from Forest Green to " Baby Blue ".  ( Mommy )

OMG, there are some here that couldn't care less about the present state of affairs.

Bills on Education are going through the house and senate right now. ( Full day Kindergarten / Baby Sitting for Mom's to lay about on their local beach ) -- Our Republican Gov is on board for this on your dime.
( No Fight from our elected Republicans )
Bills on Voter Fraud.
Legalizing Pot.
Gambling? The females don't want this... God forbid if their Man doesn't walk through the door every two weeks and hand over his pay check to his Wife.

We don't want any bait for our guys to go out and gamble " My " money away.

The Republicans are tabling all this crap.

No votes until next year... After next year? Tabled until the next year after that. Sitting pretty until a Democrat takes office again and pushes their stuff through.

Face it,,, The state is now run by Female Democrats... The Republicans we elected just continue to roll over, and roll over.

Rolling over while they are in position to run the show.

SAD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OMG--- Live Free Or Die :)

Governor Jeanne Shaheen Shrunk the wording down on our Lic plates so it cannot even be read now. You have to be touching the ass of another car at a stop light.

( Republicans did nothing )

She also turned those License plates and Drivers licenses from Forest Green to " Baby Blue ".  ( Mommy )

OMG, there are some here that couldn't care less about the present state of affairs.

Bills on Education are going through the house and senate right now. ( Full day Kindergarten / Baby Sitting for Mom's to lay about on their local beach ) -- Our Republican Gov is on board for this on your dime.
( No Fight from our elected Republicans )
Bills on Voter Fraud.
Legalizing Pot.
Gambling? The females don't want this... God forbid if their Man doesn't walk through the door every two weeks and hand over his pay check to his Wife.

We don't want any bait for our guys to go out and gamble " My " money away.

The Republicans are tabling all this crap.

No votes until next year... After next year? Tabled until the next year after that. Sitting pretty until a Democrat takes office again and pushes their stuff through.

Face it,,, The state is now run by Female Democrats... The Republicans we elected just continue to roll over, and roll over.

Rolling over while they are in position to run the show.

SAD.
View Quote
Sad is right. You are completely unhinged.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:24:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fly with this... I will promise to come back in the future to post  " I told you so ".

Open your eyes and look at your state Legislature. Look at what you have representing you in DC.

Females Rule.. Shaheen, Kuster and Hassan are running the state in DC.

Locally? pretty much the same... All Females... Mostly Dems.  ( republicans are continuing to roll over even while we have Gov Sununu and President Trump in office )

You're not safe here.  The Gabby Gifford Vegetable is waiting patiently. Real Estate is already rented and paid for in NH.

Pray, Pray we do not have a Mass Shooting here.

Gabby is waiting to use the so called " Live Free Or Die " state as an example.

On a positive note? We have President Trump in office right now.

On a negative note? N.H. is continually tossing him to the curb...

Wake up folks... N.H. has not voted Red during a Presidential Election since the turn of the Century.....

We are surrounded by Blue States 360.

Waiting.. While Republican Males sit back and do nothing. Beer, heroin, watching football and french Canadian pussy matters most here in NH.

The 2A is on the back burner.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fly with this... I will promise to come back in the future to post  " I told you so ".

Open your eyes and look at your state Legislature. Look at what you have representing you in DC.

Locally? pretty much the same... All Females... Mostly Dems.  ( republicans are continuing to roll over even while we have Gov Sununu and President Trump in office )

You're not safe here.  The Gabby Gifford Vegetable is waiting patiently. Real Estate is already rented and paid for in NH.

Wake up folks... N.H. has not voted Red during a Presidential Election since the turn of the Century.....

Waiting.. While Republican Males sit back and do nothing. Beer, heroin, watching football and french Canadian pussy matters most here in NH.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top